當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 吸血鬼日記S03E02筆記:他永遠不會放棄我,我也不會放棄他

吸血鬼日記S03E02筆記:他永遠不會放棄我,我也不會放棄他

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.65W 次

1、Stefan's off the rails.

吸血鬼日記S03E02筆記:他永遠不會放棄我,我也不會放棄他

斯特凡已經失常了。


be/go off the rails

行爲失常;發瘋;走上錯誤的道路


e.g: At 17 he suddenly went off the rails and started stealing.

17歲他突然不務正業開始偷盜。


2、The sheriff has me slip it into the coffee here every now and then.

警長讓我時不時地在咖啡里加一些(馬鞭草)。


every now and then/again = every so often

不時地;偶爾


e.g: I still see her every now and then.

我任然偶爾能見到她。


3、I don't know why you think that you're a lost cause.

我不明白爲什麼你覺得自己是個失敗者。


lost cause

註定失敗;沒有成功的機會


e.g: Trying to interest my son in classical music is a lost cause.

讓我兒子對古典音樂感興趣一定不會成功的。


4、Bottoms up.

幹了吧。


bottoms up

乾杯


5、He's flipped the switch.

他已經完全失控了。


flip a switch

開/關開關。劇本中是比喻義。


e.g: You start the fan by just flipping this switch.

撥這個按鈕就能打開電風扇。


6、Did you miss the part where I checked out of all this?

你該不會是忘了我已經撒手不管了。


check out

這裏是比喻義,表示不再插手某事


e.g: I'm not the kind of person who checks out.

我不是那種會撒手不管的人。


7、Yeah, but Damon's not exactly in the mood to help right now.

可是達蒙現在根本就沒心情幫忙。


be in the mood (for/to do something)

願意做某事;想要做某事


e.g: I don't want to talk about it now. I'm not in the mood.

現在我不想談論此事,沒那個心情。


8、Yeah, but he's still holding on to his humanity, which means he can still be saved.

沒錯,可他仍然人性未泯,這說明他還有的救。


hold on to

保持;不放棄


e.g: The soldiers held on to the bridge for three more days.

士兵們堅守着這座橋三天多。


9、Look, he would never give up on me. I'm not gonna give up on him.

他永遠不會放棄我,我也不會放棄他。


give up on

放棄;對...不再期望;對...絕望


e.g: He'd been in a coma for six months, and doctors had almost given up on him.

他昏迷了6個月,醫生幾乎對他不抱有什麼希望了。