當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第82期:In Over My Head 力不能及

一分鐘英語 第82期:In Over My Head 力不能及

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.02W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

This idiom does not sound very safe. In Over My Head

這個習語聽起來不怎麼安全。In Over My Head.

Does this mean a person is upside down?

這個習語是在講一個人上下顛倒了麼?

ing-bottom: 51.65%;">一分鐘英語 第82期:In Over My Head 力不能及

How's that cooking class going?

廚藝課怎麼樣了?

Don't get me started. I am in way over my head.

別提了。對於我來說太難了。

But...I thought you were good at cooking.

但是,我以爲你很善於廚藝。

Not so much. I'm better at baking.

算不上。我更善於烘焙。

Baking cakes and pies and cookies and cupcakes.

烘焙蛋糕,派,餅乾還有紙杯蛋糕。

To be "in over your head" means you are involved in a situation that is too difficult for you.

“in over your head”是指你深陷於一個你無法應對的情境。

Think of being in water that is deeper than you are tall.

設想身處高於你身高的水中。

You are "in" water that is literally over your head.

你便淹沒於水中,按照字面意思則是“沒過你的腦袋”。

That's where this expression comes from.

這就是這個習語的由來。

You can be "in over your head" if something is too hard for you, or if you do not feel fully prepared to do something.

你可以用這個短語形容遇到某些對於你很難的事情,或者是你感到並沒有做足充分準備的事情。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!