當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第131期:Bigger Fish to Fry 更重要的事

一分鐘英語 第131期:Bigger Fish to Fry 更重要的事

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.41K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Fried fish is a popular food in America and around the world. Bigger Fish to Fry

炸魚是美國非常有名的食物,也風靡全世界。另有大事

Are Anna and Jonathan planning to fry some seafood for us? Let's listen:

安娜和喬納森準備給我們炸海鮮吃嗎?讓我們聽聽看吧:

Aren't you coming to the meeting in the newsroom?

你不參加新聞編輯部的會議嗎?

No way. I have bigger fish to fry.

沒有。我還有更重要的事要做。

What could be more important than the annual meeting?

還有什麼事能比年會更重要?

一分鐘英語 第131期:Bigger Fish to Fry 更重要的事

My report for the boss!

我要給老闆作報告!

When is that due? Three hours ago!

報告時間什麼時候截止?三小時之前!

To have "bigger fish to fry" means that you have something to do that is more important than other things.

“另有大事”指,你需要做某件事,這件事比其他事情重要。

You don't have time to focus on smaller, less critical issues.

你沒有時間關注一些小的、相對次要的問題。

Many languages have idioms that express a similar idea!

許多語言中都有表達類似意思的習語!

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!