當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 十大求職面試誤區:面試官考的是這個

十大求職面試誤區:面試官考的是這個

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.17W 次

十大求職面試誤區:面試官考的是這個

誤區1:

When they ask where you want to be in five years, they want you to demonstrate ambition.
當他們問你五年的目標時,他們是想你證明你的野心。

What they really want: your willingness to toil away at the same job happily and indefinitely.
他們真正需要的是:你願意辛辛苦苦、開開心心、無限期地從事同一份工作。

誤區2:

If you're invited to an interview, the job is still open.
如果你被邀請參加一次面試,說明這個工作崗位依然空缺。

Frequently hiring managers just go through the motions of interviewing candidates after having picked an inside applicant or someone with a personal connection to the company.
招聘經理在已經挑選好一位內部申請人或者與這家公司有私人關係的應聘者之後,通常不會認真對待來面試的求職者。

誤區3:

Hiring managers value skills over physical attractiveness.
招聘經理更看重技能,而不是外表的吸引力。

There's a lot of research that demonstrates that looks do matter, Couper says. What should an unattractive job seeker do? "Plastic surgery," he deadpans.
有很多研究證明外表很重要,庫佩說。一個缺乏吸引力的求職者應該做什麼呢?“整形手術”,他面無表情地說。

誤區4:

They want you to accept their offer of refreshment.
他們希望你能接受他們提供的茶點。

Interviewers feel obliged to be polite and offer you a drink, but they do not really want to go fetch that cup of tea.
面試官會客氣地問你要不要喝點什麼,但他們真不想去取那杯茶。

誤區5:

The interviewer wants additional materials like references.
面試官們想要更多的資料作爲參考。

Unless you're a designer or writer, the interviewer does not want you to hand over reports or reference materials.
除非你是一位設計師或者作家,面試官不希望你提交報告或者參考資料。誤區6:

There's a right answer to an interviewer's question.
面試官的問題有一個正確的答案。

When you're asked a tough question, the interviewer is usually more interested in seeing how you go about addressing it than in precisely what you end up saying.
當你被問到一個很難回答的問題時,這位面試官通常會更有興趣看看你是如何解決它,而不是你到頭來說了些什麼。

誤區7:

You should keep your answers short.
你應該保持答案簡短。

The interviewer doesn't want to have to think of another question to ask you. "If you're giving information that's hitting what they need to know, then they're happy," says Couper.
面試官不必想另一個問題問你。“如果你給出的信息碰巧是他們需要知道的,他們會很滿意,”庫佩表示。

誤區8:

The most qualified person gets the job.
最終獲得工作機會的是資歷最符合要求的候選人。

Couper himself says he's hired less qualified but friendlier applicants over more talented job seekers who seemed they might be difficult to get along with.
庫佩自己說,他僱傭資歷較低但是友好的求職者,而不是才華橫溢但是很難相處的求職者。

誤區9:The interviewer asks good questions.
面試官提出合適的問題。

Many interviewers prepare no questions in advance beyond "Tell me about yourself." "They usually just wing it," says Couper.
許多面試官不會提前準備任何問題,除了“談談你自己吧”。“他們通常是隨機應變,”庫佩說。

誤區10:

The interviewer is prepared.
面試官有備而來。

The person interviewing you is likely harried and overworked, because he needs to hire someone. He may have barely glanced at your résumé and given no thought to your qualifications.
面試你的這個人可能忙碌和勞累,因爲他需要僱人。他或許僅僅瞥了一眼你的簡歷,並沒有注意到你的資格證書。