當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文文章作品 > 美文賞析:做自己就好

美文賞析:做自己就好

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.47W 次

My Aunt Carmeleta was the wife of my mother's youngest brother Fred.
我母親最小的弟弟名叫Fred,我的嬸嬸,即Fred的妻子,名叫carmeleta

Even though my Uncle Fred died many years ago
儘管Fred叔叔很多年前就去世了
and Aunt Carmeleta is now married to KenCarmeleta
嬸嬸又嫁給了一個名叫Ken的男子
I still consider her my aunt.
在我心裏,她還是我的嬸嬸
Everyone should have a wonderful aunt like Aunt Carmeleta.
每個人都需要一個像Carmeleta嬸嬸那樣完美的親戚。

I lived with her and my Uncle Fred for a year when I was a teenager.
我十幾歲的時候,曾經和Fred叔叔,還有她同住了一年
Like a lot of teenagers,
和許多青少年一樣
I had issues with people who talked negatively about me.
有些人會散佈關於我的壞話,讓我十分困擾
If you've ever had this happen
如果你也遭遇過這樣的事情

you'll understand how hurtful it is.
你就會明白這有多讓人傷心
I'd talk to Aunt Carmeleta about these hurtful things
我時常會把這些傷心事對Carmeleta嬸嬸說

and she would always say, "Just be yourself."
她總會告訴我,“做自己就好”。
This was great advice!
這是多麼棒的建議啊!
In fact, it has been some of the best advice I have ever received.
事實上,這是我這輩子聽到過的最好的建議之一
I learned not everyone is going to like you
從中我明白了,並不是每個人都會和你一樣

and that's okay.
但是沒關係
Just be yourself.
做自己就好
When my husband Bill met Aunt Carmeleta for the first time
當我的丈夫Bill與Carmeleta姑姑第一次見面的時候
He didn't think she was for real.
他覺得她完美的不像個凡人
He questioned, "How could anyone be so nice and not be a fake?"
他問道,“世界上怎麼會有這樣的人,如此美好,又毫不虛假!”
But he's found out through the years
數年之後他才逐漸明白
Some people can be this nice and be for real.
有些人就是可以這樣美好,而又真實
I have never forgotten the advice to "Just be yourself."
我從未忘記過那條建議,“做自己就好”

We need more people in this world
生活於這個世界,我們需要這樣的人
who give great advice
他們能給出絕佳的建議
and are kind and loving like my Aunt Carmeleta.
他們善良而又關愛他人,就像我的嬸嬸Carmeleta

美文賞析:做自己就好