體壇:足球傳奇羅納爾多
Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima, known as Ronaldo, was born in Itaguai, Rio de Janeiro, in 1976. After leaving school early to pursue a career in football, he went on to become one of the greatest players of all time, leading Brazil to victory in the 2002 World Cup. In 2010, he co-founded 9ine, a sports marketing agency.
羅納爾多·路易斯?納扎里奧?德利馬(Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima),人們通常叫他羅納爾多。1976年,他出生於巴西里約熱內盧州的伊塔瓜伊(Itaguai)。羅納爾多很早就離開校園,開始了足球生涯,最終成爲史上最偉大的球員之一,並帶領巴西奪得了2002年世界盃冠軍。2010年,他與別人共同創辦了體育市場營銷經紀公司9ine。What was your earliest ambition?
問:你最初的理想是什麼?Like every Brazilian child, I always wanted to be a footballer.
羅納爾多(以下簡稱:羅):像每一個巴西孩子一樣,我一直想成爲一名足球運動員。
Public school or state school? University or straight into work?
問:你上的私立學校還是公立學校?上了大學、還還是沒上大學就直接工作了?Always state schools. I left school early because of football but I plan to go back to studying soon.
羅:一直都上公立學校。因爲踢球,我很早就離開了校園,但我計劃在不久後回學校繼續唸書。Who was or still is your mentor?
問:過去和現在,誰是你的人生導師?My father, Nelio.
羅:我父親內利奧(Nelio)。How physically fit are you?
問:你現在身體狀況如何?When I stopped playing, I gave up exercising and put on some weight. But now, after three months of working out, I feel great. Just a bit more and I'll be back on the pitch again [he laughs].
羅:退役以後,我放棄了鍛鍊,因此體重有所增加。但現在,經過三個月的鍛鍊,我感覺自己身體棒極了。只要再加強鍛鍊一陣子,我就會重回綠茵場(他大笑)。Ambition or talent: which matters more to success?
問:抱負和天賦,哪個對成功來說更重要?I think it's a combination of the two. But to reach success, you need to do a lot of work.
羅:我認爲成功是兩者的結合。但要取得成功,你必須付出很多努力。Have you ever taken an IQ test?
問:你有沒有做過智商測試?No, never.
羅:沒有,從來沒做過。How politically committed are you?
問:你對政治的興趣如何?I'm only a little interested in politics. But I'm always on top of the news, both in Brazil and abroad.
羅:我對政治只有一點點興趣。但我一直關注新聞,包括巴西新聞和國外新聞。Do you consider your carbon footprint?
問:你考慮過自己的碳足跡嗎?I've been thinking about this more now that I'm partner of 9ine. We all need to be more aware of this.
羅:成爲9ine的合夥人以後,現在我對這個問題更加關注。我們都需要更關注這個問題。Do you have more than one home?
問:你是否有多於一處住所?Yes, because of all my travelling. I have one in Sao Paulo and another in Rio de Janeiro. In Europe, I have an apartment in Madrid and another in Paris.
羅:是的,因爲我出差很多。我在聖保羅有一處住所,在里約熱內盧也有一處。在歐洲,我在馬德里和巴黎各有一套公寓。What would you like to own that you don't currently possess?
問:你現在有什麼想得到但還沒有得到的東西?Nothing. I would just like Brazil to be a fairer country.
羅:沒有,我只希望巴西成爲一個更公平的國家。What's your biggest extravagance?
問:你做過的最奢侈的事情是什麼?I was always a simple guy. I was never one for extravagances. But, if I had to say something, it would be having dinner at La Tour d'Argent in Paris.
羅:我一直比較簡樸。我從不追求奢侈。但如果非要說一件事,那就是,在巴黎銀塔餐廳(La Tour d'Argent)吃過一次晚餐。In what place are you happiest?
問:在哪裏你覺得最快樂?I was born in Rio de Janeiro; Sao Paulo is the city I made my own; and I always feel good in Madrid. It's hard to choose.
羅:里約熱內盧是我出生的地方,聖保羅已成爲我的第二故鄉,我也一直喜歡馬德里。因此很難選擇。What ambitions do you still have?
問:你現在還有什麼夢想?I would like to be some kind of leader in Brazilian football; to work to develop sport in the country.
羅:我想成爲巴西足球的一名領導,爲這個國家的體育發展做出貢獻。What drives you on?
問:你生活的動力是什麼。Tomorrow.
羅:明天。What is the greatest achievement of your life so far?
問:迄今爲止你人生中最大的成就是什麼?The 2002 World Cup title in Japan.
羅:2002年日本世界盃。What has been your greatest disappointment?
問:你最大的失敗是什麼?The 1998 World Cup defeat.
羅:1998年世界盃敗北。If your 20-year-old self could see you now, what would he think?
問:如果20歲的你可以看到現在的你,他會怎麼想?I think he would be proud.
羅:我想他會感到驕傲的。
If you lost everything tomorrow, what would you do?
問:假如明天你失去了一切,你會怎麼做?I would rebuild everything.
羅:我會重頭再來。If you had to rate your satisfaction with your life so far, out of 10, what would you score?
問:如果你給自己的生活滿意度打分,滿分是10分,那麼你會打多少分?Definitely 10. I am very happy about everything that I have done so far.
羅:肯定是10分。我對自己迄今做過的一切都非常滿意。