當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 實用英語 > 在美生存常用習語

在美生存常用習語

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.92K 次

下面是本站小編整理的在美生存常用習語,以供大家學習參考。

在美生存常用習語

·Potluck Party :一種聚餐方式,主人準備場地和餐具,參加的人必須帶一道菜或準備飲料,最好事先問問主人的意思。

·Pull over!把車子開到旁邊。

·Drop me a line!寫封信給我。

·Give me a ring. = Call me!來個電話吧!

·For here or to go?堂食或外賣。

·cool; That's cool! 等於臺灣年輕人常用的囗語“酷!”,表示不賴嘛!用於人或事均可。

·What's up? = What's happening? = What's new?

見面時隨囗問候的話“最近在忙什麼?有什麼新鮮事嗎?”一般的回答是“Nothing much!”或“Nothing new!”

·Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少來這一套!同學之間開玩笑的話。

·Don't give me a hard time! 別跟我過不去好不好!

·Get yourself together! 振作點行不行!

·Do you have "the" time? 現在幾點鐘?可別誤以爲人家要約你出去。

·Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撐一下。

·Give me a break ! 你饒了我吧!(開玩笑的話)

·Hang on. 請稍候。

·Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。

·What a big hassle. 真是個麻煩事。

·What a crummy day. 多倒黴的一天。

·Go for it. 加油

·You bet. = Of course. 當然;看我的!

·Wishful thinking. 一廂情願的想法。

·Don't be so fussy! 別那麼挑剔好不好。

·It's a long story. 唉!說來話長。

·How have you been? = How are you doing? 你過得如何?近來可好?

·Take things for granted. 自以爲理所當然。

·Don't put on airs. 別擺架子。

·Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!

·Have a crush on someone. 迷戀某人。

·What's the catch? 有什麼內幕?

·Party animal. 開Party狂的人(喜歡參加舞會的人)。

·Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 討厭的東西、人或事。

·Skeleton in the closet. 家醜

·Don't get on my nerve! 別把我惹毛了!

·Afat chance. =A poor chance. 機會很小。

·I am racking my brains. 我正在絞盡腦。

·She's a real drag. 她真有點礙手礙腳。

·Spacingout.=daydreaming. 做白日夢。

·I am so fed up. 我受夠了!

·It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。

·What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重點是什麼?

·By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。

·Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃點東西吧!

·I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. = My treat. 我請客

·Let's go dutch. 各付各的

·My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服

·diarrhea [dai r'i ] 拉肚子

·吃牛排時,waitor 會問“How would you like it ?” 就是問“要幾分熟?”的意思,可以選擇 rare,medium 或 well-done。

·I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!

·May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你不能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。)

·I am not myself today. 我今天什麼都不對勁!

·Let's get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!

·What's the rush! 急什麼!

·Such a fruitcake! 神經病!

·I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待會兒,我會來轉一下。

·I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 這個消息是千真萬確的(tip指消息)!

·easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。

·flunk out 被當掉。

·take french leave 不告而別。

·I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。

·You should give him a piece of your mind. 你應該向他表達你的不滿。

·hit the road = take off = get on one's way 離開。

·Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now.

·Keep a low profile (or low key). 採取低姿態。

·Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。

·klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白癡、笨蛋。

·know one's way around 識途老馬。

·lion's share 大部份。

·tailgate 尾隨(尤其跟車跟得太近)。

·take a back seat. 讓步。

·take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滾開。

·hit the hay =go to bed 睡覺。

·Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 載我一程好嗎?

·green hand 生手、沒有經驗的人。

·moonshine = mountain dew 指私釀的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡說八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine.

·chill out =calm down =relax(來自黑人英語)

·rip off =steal;I was ripped off. 我被偷了;rip off 也常被用爲“剝奪”My right was ripped off. 權利被剝奪(來自黑人英語)。

·我們稱美國大兵爲G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德國兵或德國佬爲 Fritzor Kraut,稱英國佬爲John Bull,日本人爲Jap.或Nip,猶太人爲Jew都是 很不禮貌的稱呼。

·mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around. 趕快工作,別瞎攪和。

·snob 勢利眼。

·sneak in,sneak out 偷偷溜進去,溜出來。sneakers 運動鞋。

·She is such a brown-noser. 她是個馬屁精。

·This is in way over my head. 對我而言這實在太難了。

·I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是個考試緊張大師,一考試胃就抽筋。

·Keep your study (work) on track. 請按進度讀書(工作)。

·Did you come up with any ideas? 有沒有想到什麼新的意見?

·Don't get uptight !Take it easy. 別緊張,慢慢來!

·Cheese ! It tastes like cardboard. Cheese吃起來味如嚼臘!

·Get one's feet wet. 與中文裏的“涉足”或“下海”,寓意相同,表示初嘗某事。I am going to try dancing for the very first time. Just to get my feet wet.