當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 64:我發財了

職場社交英語 Lesson 64:我發財了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.47K 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 64:我發財了

SCENE② A 四個半月後 瑪莉巧遇戴夫

職場社交英語 Lesson 64:我發財了

【我發財了】

Mary: Is that you, Dave? Oh, my gosh! The 1) backstabber who left us to work for the evil WebTracker!

瑪莉: 是你嗎,戴夫?天啊!背棄我們去幫萬惡的“網路搜尋家”做事的陰險小人!


Dave: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hi, Mary. How are you?

戴夫: 對……嗨,瑪莉。你好嗎?


Mary: I'm 2) filthy rich! Haven't you heard about the MicroPower 3) deal?

瑪莉: 我發財了!你沒聽說過“微力”的案子嗎?

Dave: Yeah, I guess I did. They're going to buy InfoKing?

戴夫: 有,有聽過吧。他們打算買下“資訊王”?


Mary: That's right. For seventy-five million. So how are you?

瑪莉: 沒錯。七千五百萬的高。那你好嗎?


Dave: I'm getting by OK. I heard MicroPower was going to make Zina 4) president of their new InfoKing Internet 5) division.

戴夫: 還過得去。我聽說“微力”將要讓吉娜擔任他們“資訊王”新網路分公司的總裁。

語言詳解:

A: He's good at negotiating business deals.

他很擅於協商生意條件。


B: Then talk him into working for us..

那就說服他來幫我們做事。


【I'm getting by OK.我還過得去。】

get by 就是指“狀況還過得去”,而在使用上,主要的狀況有兩種,一是指經濟狀況,get by用來表示錢雖然賺得不多,但是也夠支付日常生活的開銷了。


A: Are you able to get by on the salary you make?

你賺的薪水夠你開銷嗎?

B: I'm able to get by, but it could be better.

我的生活還過得去,不過還可以更好。


get by也可以用來表示心理狀態,形容心情持平,不能說心情不好,但也不是那種興高采烈的情緒。


A: How are you doing?

你還好嗎?

B: I'm getting by OK. You know, things just keep getting better and better.

還過得去。算是漸入佳境啦。


1) backstabber (n.) 暗箭傷人的人

2) filthy (adv.) 非常,相當

3) deal (n.) 交易;make a deal with... 是“與...交易”。

4) president (n.) 總裁,總統

5) division (n.) 分部