當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 8:我受不了電腦怪胎?

職場社交英語 Lesson 8:我受不了電腦怪胎?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7K 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 8:我受不了電腦怪胎?

SCENE③ B 吉娜一早進公司

職場社交英語 Lesson 8:我受不了電腦怪胎?

【我受不了電腦怪胎】

Dave: Whoa. Now I'm awake! Zina has a secret admirer.

戴夫: 哇。這會我可醒了!吉娜有暗戀者了。

Zina: I reAlly do not have time to deal with some 1) lovesick computer 2) geek.

吉娜: 我真的沒時間去應付愛昏了頭的電腦怪胎。

Dave: I know what you mean. I can't stand computer geeks.

戴夫: 我知道你的意思。我也受不了電腦怪胎。

Zina: Sorry, Dave, I didn't mean you. I am just not 3) in the mood for this. I have work to do.

吉娜: 抱歉,戴夫,我不是說你。我只是沒心情搞這玩意兒。我還有工作要做。

Dave: Who do you think it is?

戴夫: 你覺得是誰?

語言詳解

A: Your friend seems to be in a better mood.

你朋友的心情看起來好多了。

B: I gave her a pep talk.

我給她來了段精神講話。

【I can't stand... 我無法忍受……】

stand這個字大家一定都知道,但它除了“站”這個意思之外,最常用的就是指“忍受”,可以用在人身上:

A: Allison is my best friend.

愛麗森是我最好的朋友。

B: I can't stand her. She is so fake!

我受不了她。她好假喔!

也可以用在事物身上:

A: It must be 45 degrees in here.

這裏一定有四十五度。

B: I can't stand it anymore. It's too hot!

我再也受不了了。有夠熱的!

用來表示動作也行:

A: Let's go have a beer at Tom's.

我們去"湯姆的店"喝啤酒。

B: I can't stand to go there. It reminds me of my ex-girlfriend.

我不能忍受去那裏。那會讓我想起我的前女友。

1) lovesick (a.) 因愛而分神迷亂的

2) geek (n.) 怪胎

3) be in the mood for有心情去...