當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語

老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.75W 次

ing-bottom: 100%;">老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語


Dig up the past舊事重提,翻舊賬

1. Let bygones be bygones. Don't dig up the past.

過去的都已成過去,不要再重翻老帳了.

2. Let's not dig up the past. I'm sick to fighting about things that happened 10 years ago.

我們別再翻舊賬了好麼。都過去十年了,現在提起還有什麼意思啊。

3. Every time I see Lily,I get very 's always trying to dig up the past.

我每次見到Lily都會弄得很不愉快。她總想舊事重提。


老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第2張


Crawl your way out of one hole擺脫困境

Crawl your way out of one hole,just to find yourself in another 譯爲:禍不單行.

What?Your girlfriend found out you lied to her.I'd like to see you crawl your way out of the hole.

什麼?你的女朋友發現你騙了她。好吧,我倒要看看你怎麼解決。

Bad luck t I sprained my ankle,now I break my about finally crawling your way out of one hole,just to find yourself in another.

今天太背了!我先是把腳踝扭傷,現在腿又骨折了。正所謂禍不單行啊。


老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第3張


Cute act:小伎倆,小花招

I've heard all these excuses before.I'm not falling for your cute act this time.I know you were out last night untill 4am.

你的那些藉口我都聽夠了,我這次不會再被你的小伎倆矇騙了。我知道你昨晚在外面鬼混,早上4點纔回來。

Listen,if you drop the cute act and ask me honestly,I'll tell you the truth.

聽着,你要是不耍這些小花招,老老實實地問我的話,我會告訴你實情的。


老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第4張


Be running out of time沒時間了

We're running out of report is due in 15 minutes,and we're still not finishing yet.

我們快沒時間了。這個報告15分鐘後就得交,可我們現在還沒做完。

There're only 3 games left in regular season New York Yankees are running out of time to make the playoffs.

常規賽季還剩下3場比賽,紐約人隊已經沒什麼機會去進入季後賽了。


Go get them盡一切努力去試試吧;開始吧

You've been training for this tourament all get them.

你爲這個比賽訓練了一年了。去吧,你肯定行的!

I know you're a little bit nervous about your job I think you do get them.

我知道你去面試有點緊張。但是你很棒的,你一定行,去試試吧。


老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第5張


Be a little fuzzy about/on對......不是很清楚,很明白

I saw the movie Run Lora Run a long time ago.I'm a little fuzzy about what happens in the end.

我很久以前看過“疾走羅拉”這部電影,但是結尾怎麼回事有點記不清楚了。

I'm a little fuzzy about the instructions your dad gave me.

你爸爸跟我說的我不太明白。


老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第6張


What's got into you? 你怎麼了?

Well, would you believe it? What got into him? We never thought he would.

真是難以置信。他怎麼變了?我們從來想不到他會這樣。


老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第7張


Go up against與...競爭,遭遇...,面對...

I can't believe I have to go up against 's won the tournament 3 years in a row.

真不敢相信我會遭遇到阿加西。他在這個賽事中一連3年都是冠軍。

It's very hard to make it as a pop have to go up against a lot of competition.

作流行明星不容易,你要面對很多的競爭。


老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第8張


see to it:留心,細緻地辦好某事

You'd better see to it that the report gets done on time. Otherwise , the boss is gonna be angry.

你最好確保讓報告按時完成,不然老闆要發火的。

Don't worry about Grandma.I'll see to it that she takes her medicine eveyday.

別擔心奶奶的事。我會關照好她每天按時服藥。


老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第9張


Take our goddamned chances碰運氣,賭一把

The store closes in half an 's take our chances and see if we can make it in time.

商店半小時之後就關門了。我們碰碰運氣,看能不能及時趕到。

I don't know if we are allowed to ride skateboard let's take our chances and see if we get caught.

我不知道這個地方是否允許玩滑板。不過我們試試看,看能不能被逮到。