當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第117期:Nailed it 搞定了

The english we speak(BBC教學)第117期:Nailed it 搞定了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.24W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第117期:Nailed it 搞定了

(Noise of hammering)

(錘打聲)

Neil: Oh… the programme has started …. Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil. And… just bear with me because the clock has just fallen off the wall and I have to put it back again…

尼爾:哦……節目已經開始了……大家好,歡迎來到地道英語節目,我是尼爾。請大家稍微忍耐一下我弄出來的噪音,因爲剛剛牆上的表掉了,我必須要把它重新裝回去……

Li: And I am Li. Now, Li, the writer! I've nailed it, Neil!

李:我是李。現在開始是作家李了!尼爾,我搞定了!

Neil: Oh, have you? But the nail was loose because, you see, the clock fell off the wall and I have to nail it back up again.

尼爾:哦,是嗎?但是釘子並沒有鬆,你看,表從牆上掉下來了,我必須要用釘子把它重新裝上去。

Li: Stop this noise please, Neil! I have just told you that I've nailed it! You should say: Congratulations!

李:尼爾,不要再發出噪音了!我剛剛跟你說我已經搞定了!你應該說:祝賀你!

Neil: What have you nailed then? Was it that picture over there? Was it the map in the corner? Well, to be fair none of them have fallen to the floor… yet!

尼爾:那你釘了什麼?那邊的那張畫嗎?還是角落裏的那張地圖?說句公道話,它們都還沒有掉到地上!

Li: No, I got my poetry book accepted by a publisher and I am going to be a writer! I've nailed it!

李:不是,剛剛有個出版商同意出版我的詩集了,我就要成爲作家了!我做到了!

Neil: Oh, congratulations, Li! I am impressed with your skills as a poet! We say someone nailed something when they have achieved something or performed a task successfully.

尼爾:哦,祝賀你,李!我對你寫詩的技巧印象深刻!我們在說某人成功實現了一些事或是成功完成了任務就可以用naild sth.這個詞組。

Mary finally got a job as a teacher. She went for the job interview and has nailed it!

瑪麗終於找到了一份當老師的工作。她一直在進行面試,而現在她終於做到了!

Chess is a difficult game to play. I wish I could nail it but I just can't!

象棋比賽太難了。我希望我可以贏,但是我就是做不到!

The final exam was not easy but my cousin nailed it and got a place at university.

期末考試並不簡單,可是我堂兄成績很好,而且被大學錄取了。

Congratulations to him. He's nailed it!

慶祝他。他做到了!

Li: So, there you go, I have written poetry since I was a little girl. Then I decided to send it to a publisher and he accepted it!

李:就是這樣,我從小時候就開始寫詩。之後我決定把它寄給出版商,而且出版商接受了!

Neil: That's all very nice, Li and I'm happy for you. I hope that you don't mind my hammering this nail though. I have to get the clock fixed to the wall as soon as possible.

尼爾:那太好了,李,我真爲你高興。我希望你不介意我把這個釘完。我必須要儘快把表重親掛到牆上去。

(Noise of hammering)

(錘打的噪音)

Li: Yeah, go ahead. Hammer away if you need to but … the rhythm of the hammering inspires me to do some poetry. What rhymes with hammer…?

李:好吧,你繼續吧。如果你有需要就繼續釘吧,但是你錘打的節奏給了我寫詩的靈感。 hammer和什麼押韻呢?

Neil: What do you mean?

尼爾:你是什麼意思?

Li: I am officially a poet now and everything inspires me to write my poetry. So hammer rhymes with…

李:現在我已經正式成爲詩人了,所有的事情都會激發我寫詩的靈感。所以和hammer押韻的是……

Neil: … grammar.

尼爾:grammar。

Li: Oh, yes!

李:哦,對!

Neil: And we have to do it quickly because we have to prepare our English teaching programme.

尼爾:我們要儘快完成,因爲我們必須要準備英語教學節目了。

(Sound of inspiring music)

(激勵人心的音樂)

Li: OK. To the wall you hammer it all…

李:好的。你所錘打的牆上……

Clock, picture, a proud banner...

有鐘錶、圖畫、秀麗的橫幅……

To the brain you fix with no pain...

你沒有痛苦的腦子裏……

Verb… noun… adjective…and English grammar....

動詞……名詞……形容詞和英語語法……

Neil: You have really nailed it Li! Clock fixed and everything, let's go and prepare our programmes. Bye for now.

尼爾:李,你已經完成了!表已經修好了,我們去準備節目吧。現在該說再見了。

Li: Goodbye.

李:再見。

重點講解:
1. bear with
對…有耐心;忍耐;
eg. If you'll bear with me, Frank, just let me try to explain.
你要對我有點兒耐心,弗蘭克,讓我跟你解釋。
eg. I wish you would be so kind as to bear with him a little longer.
希望你再耐心聽他說下去。
2. to be fair
說句公道話;平心而論;
eg. To be fair, the team is young and not yet settled.
說句公道話,這個隊還年輕,還沒有成型。
eg. To be fair, she behaved better than we expected.
說句公道話,她表現得比我們預期的要好。
3. as soon as possible
儘早,儘快;
eg. Please get that report done as soon as possible—the sooner the better.
請儘快完成那份報告,越快越好。
eg. Please oblige me with a reply as soon as possible.
請儘早給予答覆。
4. go ahead
做吧;去吧;
eg. But go ahead if you want.
但若你想,就去吧。
eg. If you insist on leaving now, please go ahead.
你一定要走,那就請便吧。
5. inspire sb. to do sth.
激勵;鼓舞;驅使某人做某事;
eg. His words will forever inspire us to forge ahead courageously.
他的講話永遠鼓舞我們奮勇前進。
eg. It can inspire others to like and follow us.
它能夠激勵他人喜歡我們並跟隨我們。