當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2062期:牢牢記住,重視,放在心上

迷你對話學地道口語第2062期:牢牢記住,重視,放在心上

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.51W 次

情景對話:

ing-bottom: 75%;">迷你對話學地道口語第2062期:牢牢記住,重視,放在心上

A: Look, how stupid he is in that thing.

看,他在這種事上表現得多蠢。

B: Tom, don't harp on others but have a blind spot when it comes to yourself. Take my advice to heart.

湯姆。別總批評別人而看不見自己的缺點,記住我的話。

A: There you go again.

你又來了。

B: You'd better...

你最好……

A: And you're blabbering.

你別再嘮叨了。

一, 詞海拾貝

take to heart

exp. To consider that some comment is significant to oneself. (重視,牢牢記住,放在心上

e.g. Don't take his comments to heart—he's that hard on everyone in the office.

別把他的話放在心上——他對辦公室裏的每個人都那麼兇。

e.g. If you actually take her advice to heart, I think you'll find it deeply comforting.

如果你真的把她的建議放在心上,我想你會感到深深的安慰。

Mary listened to Bob's advice and took it all to heart.

瑪麗聽了鮑勃的建議,並把它銘記在心。

Don’t take every thing you hear to heart.

不要輕信你聽到的每一件事情。

二, 語彙積累

1. be stupid in something:在……上是愚蠢的

e.g. He was inarticulate and stupid in thought.

他不善於表達自己的思想,顯得有點笨拙。

2. harp on:喋喋不休

e.g. She continued to harp on the theme of her wasted life.

她繼續大講她那虛度了的一生。

e.g. I wish you wouldn't harp on about it all the time.

我希望你不要老是喋喋不休地談論那件事了。

3. a blind spot:不願或不能看到的缺點,沒有意識

e.g. Jane’s mother has a blind spot on her.

Jane的母親看不到Jane身上的缺點。

e.g. Jen has a real blind spot when it comes to her relationships with men trying to take advantage of her wealth.

和Jen來往的男人在力圖利用她的錢財,提到這事情的時候,Jen還意識不到這點。

When I was single I never worried about money ——it was a bit of a blind spot.

我單身的時候從沒有爲錢操過心——我有點兒意識不到。

Patrick's never been great with money — it's a bit of a blind spot with him.

Parick不善於理財,他還有點兒意識不到。

4. had better:最好

e.g. I'm not clear about this matter, so I had better keep quiet.

我對這個問題不清楚, 只能不置一詞。

e.g. The man had better have hanged himself.

這傢伙最好是去懸樑自縊。

三, 短句翻譯

中:你又來了。

英:You go again.