當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1832期:由於膽怯而退縮

迷你對話學地道口語第1832期:由於膽怯而退縮

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.89W 次

第一,迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1832期:由於膽怯而退縮

A: Have you made your decision? But it's really dangerous.

你已經決定了嗎?這確實很很危險。

B: Whatever you say, I won't chicken out on things. I'm determined to do.

不管你說什麼,只要是我決定要做的事情,我就不會退縮。

A: Stop talking big. You can't fool me. I'm afraid you don't know how to do it at all.

別說大話了,你哄不了我。恐怕你根本不知道如何去做。

B: Well, believe it or not, I'll show you what I can do.

那好,信不信由你,我會做給你看的。

第二,地道表達

chicken out

1. 解詞釋義

Chicken out的意思是“由於膽怯而退縮,收兵”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. The band couldn't perform because the singer chickened out backstage.

這個樂團不能表演,因爲主唱在後臺臨陣退縮了。

e.g. Jim was going to skydive, but chickened out when he got on the plane.

吉姆本來要玩跳傘,但是在上了飛機後卻臨陣退縮。

e.g. They feared that their allies would chicken out on the plan at the last moment.

他們擔心他們的同盟者會在最後的時刻退出這項計劃。

第三,語彙積累

1. make a (one's) decision:做決定

e.g. Judge John Bates said he would make his decision as soon as possible.

約翰·茨法官說他將盡快做出決定。

e.g. If you make this decision you will certainly have the President at your back.

你如果採取這項決定的話,一定會得到總統的支持。

2. talk big:吹牛,說大話

e.g. You can't believe more than half of what he says, he always likes to talk big.

他的話一半你也別相信,他們總是愛吹牛。

e.g. He likes to talk big as though he was an important person.

他老愛說大話,就彷彿他是一位要人似的。

3. be determined to do:決定做某事

e.g. He is determined to seek for a building more suited to their needs.

他決心另找一座更適合他們需要的房子。

e.g. Characteristically, he was determined to act without clearly knowing what to do.

他仍然是老脾氣,還沒弄清楚到底去做什麼,就採取了行動。

e.g. He was determined to mend his ways and turn over new leaf.

他決心改過自新,重新做人。