迷你對話學地道口語第1872期:
第一,迷你對話
A: Tom wAlked away with Mrs. Smith's lipsticks.
湯姆順手牽羊拿走了史密斯太太的口紅。
B: I've known that. I asked him the reason, and he said he did this just for fun.
我知道了,我問他爲什麼這麼做,他說只是爲了好玩兒。
A:That naughty boy.
這個淘氣鬼。
第二,詞海拾貝
for fun
exp. To be for the pleasure or enjoyment of something.(好玩兒)
e.g. I entered the competition just for fun — I never thought I’d win.
我參加比賽只是爲了好玩——我從沒想過我會贏。
e.g. ——Why did you say it if you didn’t mean it?—— For the fun of it. I just wanted to see his reaction.
——如果你不是真心的,爲什麼要說出來? —— 好玩罷了。我只是想看看他的反應。
e.g. He doesn't just write for fun; writing is his bread and butter.
他寫作並不只是爲了樂趣,那是他的謀生方式。
e.g. Although he had only entered the contest for fun, he won first prize.
儘管他參加這次競賽只不過是鬧着玩兒而已,卻贏得了頭獎。
第三,語彙積累
walk away:離開,離去
e.g. I breathed as I watched him walk away。
我目送我的哥哥離開。
e.g. The man wrote out a check and started to walk away.
那人開了一張支票後準備離去。