當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1967期:使人勃然大怒,使人大爲惱火

迷你對話學地道口語第1967期:使人勃然大怒,使人大爲惱火

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.59W 次

第一, 情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1967期:使人勃然大怒,使人大爲惱火

A:What happened yesterday? There seemed to be a din.

昨天怎麼了?好像挺吵的。

B: One of my roommates came back with several shady-looking guys. They kicked up a din in the dorm. I couldn't put up with that.

我的一名室友帶回來幾個品行不端的人,他們在寢室裏大吵大鬧,我實在無法忍受。

A: So they got on your nerves?

他們吵着你了?

B: They made my blood boil. I was so angry with them.

我大爲惱火,真是太令人生氣了!

第二, 詞海拾貝

make one’s blood boil

exp. To cause one to feel extremely angry. (使……大爲惱火,使……勃然大怒)

e.g. The fact that he embezzled money from the company for years just makes my blood boil.

他多年來一直侵吞公司的錢,這使我怒不可遏。

e.g. If he goes to visit them, he would be offered hard terms that would make his blood boil.

如果他去見他們,他們會向他提出苛刻的條件,讓他氣得熱血沸騰。

e.g. It just makes my blood boil to think of the amount of food that gets wasted around here.

一想到這裏浪費了這麼多食物,我就火冒三丈。

e.g. Whenever I think of that dishonest mess, it makes my blood boil.

每當我想到那種不誠實的混亂局面,我就怒火中燒。

第三, 語彙積累

1. kick up a din:大吵大鬧

e.g. The young men in the next room kick up a din last night.

昨天夜裏隔壁房間的那些年輕人大吵大嚷。

e.g. He kicked up a din when his wife returned home late.

他妻子回家晚了,他便大吵大鬧起來。

e.g. I knew they'd only laugh at me if we kicked up a din.

我知道如果我大吵大鬧一場,只能引起他們的嘲笑。

2. put up with:忍受

e.g. I don't know how his parents put up with his antics.

我不知道他的父母是如何忍受他的怪異行爲。

e.g. I do not know why Strickiand could put up with me.

我不知道爲什麼思特里克蘭德對我能保留着情面。

e.g. He said he could not put up with such internal sabotage any longer.

他說,他再也不能忍受這種從內部來的陰謀活動了。

3. get on one’s nerves:惹怒某人

e.g. Nothing personal, but your voice is really getting on my nerves.

我不是針對你,但你的聲音真讓我心煩。

e.g. Children get on their parent's nerves by asking so many questions.

孩子們提這麼多問題,使他們的父母心煩。

4. be angry with:對……生氣

e.g. They were angry with me because I started the strike.

我發動這次罷工,所以他們對我很氣惱。

e.g. If you refuse her help because you're angry with her, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

你要是因爲跟她賭氣而拒絕她的幫助, 那你是自討苦吃。