迷你對話學地道口語第985期:臨危不懼,保持冷靜
第一, 迷你對話
A: I wonder how I can keep a level head.
我想知道我真麼樣才能臨危不懼。
B: You’ve done well.
你做得不錯了。
A: But while there is something urgent, I cannot deal with it well.
但是每當有急事的時候,我就不能處理好。
B: After all, we are supermen.
畢竟,我們不時超人啊。
第二, 地道表達
keep a level head
1. 解詞釋義
Level head意思是“冷靜的頭腦”,keep a level head的意思即為“保持冷靜的頭腦”,引申為“臨危不懼”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. We should keep a level head when we are in danger.
當我們遇到危險時要保持頭腦冷靜。
e.g. The fire was scary ,but everyone kept a level head and no one panicked.
火燒得嚇人,但大家都很鎮靜,沒有人驚慌失措。
e.g. They will need to keep a level head to deal with the problems they will face in 2011.
他們需要保持冷靜的頭腦來處理2011年即將面臨的問題。
第三, 咬文嚼字
deal with:處理
e.g. He will give you a blank check to deal with the problem.
他會給你處理這個問題的自主權力的。
e.g. It is not the function of this committee to deal with dismissals.
處理解僱問題不是本委員會的職責。
after all:畢竟,終究
e.g. Don't blame on him, after all, he is a green hand.
不要責備他,他畢竟是個新手。
e.g. After all, I have already seen much atrocious German conduct here.
說到頭,我在這兒已經看到過不少德國人的殘暴行為了。