當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文文章作品 > 雙語閱讀:現在能做些什麼

雙語閱讀:現在能做些什麼

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.16W 次

摘要:對於一個思想或者想法,人們可以有一百萬個不同的觀點。不要沒有頭腦地固執於一個方面,至少在瞭解其他的方面前,不要急於採取行動。

雙語閱讀:現在能做些什麼

Life Advice: What can I start doing now that will helpme a lot in about five years?

I will appreciate any suggestion. You might want to know that I'm 23 years old and currently aphysics student with large desire for progress, not only in my profession but Also in all aspectsof life.

諮詢關於生活的建議:現在開始做一些什麼事情,可以讓我在5年之後覺得受益匪淺?

我衷心感謝所有的意見。你或許應該瞭解,我今年23歲,是一名物理系的學生。我渴望在自己的專業上,以及生活的各個方面,不斷進步。

This question originally appeared on Quora. From my personal experience my answer would be:

這個問題最初在Quora上出現,對這個問題我的回答是:

1. Eat healthy and take good care of yourself.

飲食健康,照顧好自己。

2. Use minimum aMounts of cosmetic products on your face and body, all of them (in larger orsmaller amounts) are filled with harsh chemicals which travel from your skin straight to yourblood stream causing many problems (which you can't always see or feel right away).

儘量不在你的臉上或身體上塗抹化妝品,所有的化妝品(量多或量少)都充滿了有害的化學物質,從你的皮膚直入你的血液流,從而導致許多問題(你很難馬上看見或者感覺到)。

3. Exercise. Be physically active by doing something you enjoy, that way you will beexperiencing double benefit.

鍛鍊。積極鍛鍊身體,做你喜歡做的事情,這樣你就可以收穫雙重好處。

4. Respect your family and your friends. Don't let them down, and never do something thatsomeone else would do, do what you feel it's right thing to do. Be more emphatic, you are notthe only person in the world with the feelings.

尊重你的家人和朋友,不要讓他們失望。還有,不要因爲別人會去做一件事就那麼做,做你認爲是對的事情。讓自己更有同情心,世界上不止你一個人有那樣的感受。

5. Read quality stuff! Reading brings to mind wisdom, the exchange of ideas, and quietcontemplation. Reading makes you richer and smarter.

閱讀有質量的東西!閱讀給思想注入智慧、讓思想交流以及讓你安靜地沉思。閱讀讓你更充實、更聰穎。

6. Start learning new skills. Learning new language is always an advantage. Also, you can do alittle research on skills that will become essential in the future, but that are also appreciated inyour profession. For example, you can learn using ICT effectively, including specialist softwarepackages and some programming. You could also start researching about applications of yourknowledge in other fields; it might give you some interesting idea.

開始學習一種新技能。掌握一門外語總是一種優勢。而且,你可以稍稍研究下未來可能會變得很重要、在你的專業範圍內也會被賞識的技能。比如說,你可以學習有效地使用信息和通信技術,包括專業軟件包和一些編程。你也可以開始研究你的知識在其他領域的應用,這可能會給你帶來一些有趣的靈感。

7. Study hard and you will go far. Talent alone is not enough! It is known that people with lesstalent work harder, and lots of talented people think that their talent will do all the job. Wellguess what, it won't, because not working on your talent and not perfecting it is not respectingit (by receiving a talent you also receive responsibility). Hard workers are the successful ones,and if they are also talented they are destined to do great things.

努力學習,你會走得更遠。單有才華也是不夠的。衆所周知,比較沒天賦的人工作得更努力,很多有才的人認爲他們的才華可以勝任所有的工作。你猜怎麼着?答案是不可以,因爲不利用不完善就是不尊重自己的才華(有才華也意味着有責任)。努力工作的人是成功的人,如果他們剛好也是有才華的人,他們勢必能做偉大的事情。

8. Don't be too harsh on yourself or too self-critical, if you really feel you can't do somethingat this moment - take a break, make yourself comfortable, even spoil yourself a little.

不要對自己太苛刻或者太過自我批判了,如果你真覺得自己現在沒辦法做成某事——休息一下,讓你自己覺得舒服,甚至可以稍微放縱一下自己。

9. Try to see the world as much as your financial situation allows you. Try to save some moneyfor traveling (one of the best ways to spend it).

在經濟狀況允許的條件下,儘量多看看這個世界。努力爲旅行省一些錢(這是最好的花錢方式之一)。

10. There are a million different points of view on only one single thought or idea. Don't holdmindlessly to only one aspect, at least don't do that if you haven't understood all of the otherones. If you do not agree with someone else's actions/opinions at least try to understandthem. Understanding someone does not mean you agree with him, but it does makes your viewmuch much wider. And important thing you should have in mind is that everything in the worldis changeable.

對於一個思想或者想法,人們可以有一百萬個不同的觀點。不要沒有頭腦地固執於一個方面,至少在瞭解其他的方面前,不要急於採取行動。如果你不同意別人的某些行爲或者意見,至少嘗試去了解它們。理解某人不意味着你和他意見一致,這會讓你的觀點更加開闊。你應該記住一件重要的事情,那就是世界上所有事物都是可以改變的。

  Love Your Life

  熱愛生活

However mean your life is, meet it and live it;

無論你的生活如何卑微,都要正視它,並活下去;

do not shun it and call it hard names.

不要躲避它,也不要惡語相加。

It is not so bad as you are.

你的生活不像你本人那麼糟糕。

It looks poorest when you are richest.

你最富有的時候,你的生活看上去倒似最貧窮。

The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise.

吹毛求疵的人即便在天堂也能挑出瑕疵。

Love your life, poor as it is.

你要熱愛你的生活,儘管生活一貧如洗。

You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling, glorious hours,even in a poorhouse.

即使身處濟貧院,你也可能享受一段愉快、興奮、美妙的時光。

The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the richman's abode;

西斜的落日映照在濟貧院窗戶上的餘暉,與照射在富貴人家豪宅上的一樣光芒萬丈;

the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

門前的積雪同在早春消融。

I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts, asin a palace.

在我看來,一個心態平和的人處事泰然,思想樂觀,過着自得其樂的生活,住在濟貧院就如同居住在皇宮裏一般。

The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

依我之見,城鎮的貧民倒是往往過着最獨立不羈的生活。

Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

也許他們十分偉大,對任何事情皆可坦然受之。

Most think that they are above being supported by the town;

大多數人認爲他們不屑於接受城鎮的施救;

but it oftener happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means,which should be more disreputable.

但是實際上他們經常使用不誠實的手段來維持自己的生計,這是更爲不體面的。

Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage.

像聖賢一樣,如同栽培花園中的花草一般來培養貧困吧。

Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends.

犯不着千辛萬苦以求獲得新東西,無論是衣服還是朋友。

Turn the old; return to them.

返璞,歸真。

Things do not change; we change.

萬物沒有變,是我們在變。

Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

衣履可鬻,所思必存。

God will see that you do not want society.

上帝會證明,你並不需要社會。

If I were confined to a corner of a garret all my days,like a spider,the world would be just aslarge to me while I had my thoughts about me.

如果我每天都躲在閣樓一角,像只蜘蛛一樣,可只要我的思想指引我,世界於我還是一樣的廣闊無邊。