當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 雙語新聞 > 盤點20個最讓人尷尬的社交場合大綱

盤點20個最讓人尷尬的社交場合大綱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.92W 次

盤點20個最讓人尷尬的社交場合

Red-faced Britons endure 84 embarrassing social situations every year, according to a new study.

一項新研究指出,英國人每年都會經歷84個令人面紅耳赤的尷尬社交場合。

Researchers found 78 percent of us dread having to be sociable, with the average person experiencing a truly toe-curling experience seven times a month.

研究人員發現,78%的人對強制交際的場合心懷恐懼,而每人平均每月會經歷7次讓人尷尬的社交活動。

The study - which has also revealed the top 20 awkward social situations - also revealed more than a third of us have made a recent, sweat-inducing 'greeting faux pas' - with forgetting someone's name when introducing them the most common (43 percent).

這項研究除了發佈了20個最讓人尷尬的社交場合,還指出超過三分之一的人最近經歷了一次讓人冷汗直流的“問候失態”——最普遍的情形是當介紹甲給乙的時候忘記了甲的名字。(43%)

A quarter of us have gone in for a hug when the other person expected a handshake, 26 percent have introduced themselves to someone they have already met and 15 percent have kissed someone on the lips by mistake.

在對方只是想簡單握手的情況下,四分之一的人以擁抱的方式打招呼,26%的人重複對同一人作自我介紹,15%的人不小心親了別人的嘴。

The study also found, once a greeting faux pas has been made, 26 percent of Brits try to cover up the embarrassment by making a joke, while a bashful 22 percent admit to going red in the face.

研究還發現,當“問候失態”發生時,26%的英國人會用一句笑話掩飾尷尬,而22%的人則承認他們當下就感到臉紅無措。

According to the poll, the most cringe inducing situation imaginable is bumping into someone you have previously had confrontation with, according to 36 percent of those surveyed.

調查還顯示,36%的受訪者將“偶然撞見昔日冤家”推爲難堪場合之首。

Other moments which leave us mortified include introducing someone to another person when you have forgotten their name (32 percent), meeting someone who used to be in a relationship with your partner (28 percent) and talking to someone you secretly find attractive (26 percent).

其他尷尬瞬間還包括:在介紹甲給乙時突然忘記了甲的名字(32%),遇見情人的舊愛(28%),和暗戀的人講話(26%)。

When it comes to the people we feel most uncomfortable greeting - potential employers came top with 31 percent - followed by first dates (19 percent) and partner's parents (12 percent).

而讓我們最感不適的問候場合中,遇見潛在上司位居首位(31%),緊接着是初次約會(19%)和首次拜會戀人家長(12%)。

And the study revealed more than half of Brits (54 percent) worry about their own body odour, while 45 percent have concerns about having bad breath in a social situation.

研究還表明,超過半數的英國人(54%)擔心自己身上散發體臭,45%的人害怕自己在社交場合口氣不清新。

A spokesperson from CB12 First Class Breath, which commissioned the study of 1,500 British adults, said: 'Even the most confident person will experience social anxiety at some point in their lives.

CB12漱口水公司爲這項研究提供了1500位英國成年人樣本,發言人表示:“即便是最自信的人都會在生命的某些時刻遭遇社交恐懼。”

'Whether it's meeting a partner's parents for the first time or stepping into an interview - we all need a little help to get through these awkward situations looking and feeling great.

“不管是初次拜會戀人家長又或是首次求職面試——我們在那樣尷尬的場合都需要一些小幫助以增強自信。”

'While we can't prepare for every eventuality in life, paying attention to the basics can really help boost your confidence, so you can take on any situation head on and avoid the blushes.'

“既然我們無法提前爲生命中的諸多偶然作準備,不妨在平日裏切實做些能增強自信的小事,這樣我們就能在任何場面都遊刃有餘,避免面紅尷尬。”

20 MOST AWKWARD BRITISH SOCIAL SITUATIONS

20個讓英國人最感尷尬的社交場合

1. Greeting someone who used to be in a relationship with your partner

遇見戀人的前任

2. Greeting a new business contact

會見新合作夥伴

3. Meeting your partner's parents for the first time

首次拜會戀人父母

4. Going on a first date

初次約會

5. Talking to someone you find attractive

與暗戀的人交談

6. Bumping into someone you've previously had confrontation with

偶遇昔日冤家

7. Meeting up with someone you met online

與網友見面

8. Greeting a room full of people in a business situation

在商務場所和一屋子的人打招呼

9. Greeting a room full of people in a social situation

在社交場所和一屋子的人打招呼

10. Bumping in to someone you know reasonably well in the street

在大街上偶遇認識的人

11. Bumping into someone you've previously had a relationship with

偶遇昔日戀人

12. Meeting your idol / a celebrity

遇到偶像/名人

13. Being interviewed for a new job / role

應聘新工作/崗位

14. Dancing with someone

與別人共舞

15. A first kiss

初吻

16. Standing up to someone you disagree with

和與自己意見相左的人對着幹

17. Receiving a compliment from someone

受到讚美或恭維

18. Being told by someone you have something on your face or teeth

別人提醒自己臉上或牙齒上有髒東西

19. Introducing someone when you've forgotten their name

在忘記甲的名字的前提下,向乙介紹甲

20. Having to stand in someone's personal space on a packed train or bus  

被迫在擁擠的車廂裏與陌生人“親密接觸”