當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:餐廳裏的小溫暖

雙語美文:餐廳裏的小溫暖

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.54W 次

Last weekend I was at a generic McDonald's off of a highway mid-day.

雙語美文:餐廳裏的小溫暖

上個週末,一天中午的時候,我到高速公路服務區的一家麥當勞服務站吃飯。


My family and I were in the middle of a 6 hour drive back home

我和家人正驅車回家,車程有6個小時


and everyone was already in a bad mood.

每個人都有點疲乏煩躁


I was particularly down

我尤其心情低沉


because of some personal stuff that I have going on.

因爲我正經歷着一點個人的煩心事


As my dad was getting the food

我爸爸伸手去接過服務員遞過來的食物


the bag ripped

沒想到包裝袋被扯破了


and most of our fries fell on the floor.

袋子裏的薯條有一大半都掉到了地上


He cleaned them up

服務員立刻把地上清理乾淨了


and we split the fries that were left.

我們分吃了剩下的薯條


A few minutes later a guy walks up to us,

幾分鐘後,一個男人朝我們走過來


a casual looking guy.

他看上去是個性情隨和的人


He handed my dad a bag with fries in it.

男人把一袋薯條交到父親手中


 He said,

他對我父親說


"I saw you dropped your fries,

我看到你點的薯條都掉到地上了


figured you could use some more".

我想你可能會需要一些幫助


My dad mustered a thanks

爸爸吞吞吐吐的道了一聲謝謝


as we were all in a bit of shock.

因爲我們都有些怔住了


The man walked away

男人走遠


and we were are all a bit confused.

我們仍感到有些疑惑


We shared a mutual look that said,

我們看着彼此,心照不宣


"Who knew your faith in humanity would be restored in a McDonald's?".

“誰會想到,當你對人性不再信任,竟會在麥當勞裏被治癒”


That guy lifted all of our spirits

 這個人讓我們每個人的精神都振奮起來


and made the seemingly unbearable trip home manageable.

因爲空着肚子而不堪忍受的回家之旅也變得可以接受了


Just through a small act of kindness,

只是一個小小的善舉


a stranger made all of our days better.

陌生人就讓我們的生活變得美好了起來


I know it wasn’t a huge deal

我知道這只是一件小事


but it really did mean a lot to me and my family.

但對於我和我的家人,它卻意義重大


Those were the best fries I have ever eaten from a McDonald's.

那是我在麥當勞吃到過的最好的薯條


Thanks stranger :)

陌生人,謝謝你