美語情景對話 第216期:音樂 Music
Nicola: So Kate, tell me about your favorite music!
尼科拉:凱特,跟我說說你最喜歡的音樂吧!Kate: I'd say my favorite music would have to be the Beatles.
凱特:要說我最喜歡的音樂那一定是披鬥士。Nicola: Yeah.
尼科拉:嗯。
Kate: I love the Beatles, cause they Always make me happy and I've grown up with the Beatles
凱特:我喜歡披頭士,因爲他們總是會讓我感到快樂,我是聽着披頭士的音樂長大的。Nicola: Uh-huh, so you're parents listen to it?
尼科拉:啊哈,你父母也聽披頭士的歌嗎?Kate: Yeah, so we have all these old 45's when I was younger and this record player, and so we had loads of like Simon and Garfunkel and the Beatles and the Stones so that was the music I grew up listening to, and that's what I still really love.
凱特:沒錯,我們有所有的45轉唱片,我小的時候有這種唱機,我們有大量的唱片,包括西蒙和加芬克爾、披頭士以及滾石樂隊,我就是聽着這些音樂長大的,這就是我非常喜歡的音樂。Nicola: Oh, awesome, and so do you like have a favorite song or?
尼科拉:哦,真棒,那你有最喜歡的歌嗎?Kate: Yeah, probably it's "Happiness is a warm gun" which is on the White Album.
凱特:有,曲名是《Happiness is a warm gun》,收錄在《白色專輯》中。Nicola: Yeah, right, right, cool.
尼科拉:哦,對,對,真酷。Kate: I love all their albums. But I haven't been to Liverpool yet. I'd like to go. That would be nice.
凱特:我喜歡他們的所有專輯。不過我還從沒去過利物浦。我很想去。那一定很棒。Nicola: And do you have a favorite Beatle?
尼科拉:那披頭士樂隊中你最喜歡的是誰?Kate: John Lennon, definitely. He's definitely the coolest. I like his songs.
凱特:絕對是約翰·列儂。他絕對是最酷的。我喜歡他的歌。Nicola: Do you like his individual work?
尼科拉:你喜歡他的個人作品?Kate: Yeah.
凱特:沒錯。Nicola: Yeah
尼科拉:好的。Kate: Yeah. Some of them, like "Imagine" is really good. Yeah, he's definitely my favorite. Though, I quite like George as well. That was sad when he died, cause he was, yeah, he was real individual. I like Ringo, but Paul not so much.
凱特:嗯。其中有一些,比如《想象》,真的非常棒。他絕對是我最愛的成員。不過我也很喜歡喬治。他去世的時候太令人傷心了,他是真正有個性的人。我也喜歡林戈,不過覺得保羅一般。重點講解:
1. a load of/loads of
很多;大量;
eg. I've got loads of money.
我有大把的錢。
eg. His people came up with a load of embarrassing information.
他的部下亮出一大堆令人尷尬的資料來。
eg. I used to read loads of Asterix books.
我以前看了很多《高盧英雄傳》系列漫畫書。
2. as well
也;還;
eg. It is most often diagnosed in women in their thirties and forties, although I've seen it in many younger women, as well.
這種病一般多發於三四十歲的女性,但我也見過許多更年輕的女性患這種病。
eg. 'What do you like about it then?' — 'Erm, the history, the shops—people are quite friendly as well.'
“那麼你喜歡這兒的什麼?”——“嗯,它的歷史啦,商店啦,還有這兒的人也都很友好。”
eg. Andy's face paled with disappointment; perhaps with anger as well.
安迪的臉色由於失望而變得蒼白,也許還摻雜着氣憤。