當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第54期: not rocket science很簡單

The english we speak(BBC教學)第54期: not rocket science很簡單

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.98W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第54期: not rocket science很簡單

Kaz: Hello, I'm Kaz.

卡茲:大家好,我是卡茲。

Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li. Hey Kaz, why are we listening to this rocket launch?

楊麗:我是楊麗。嘿卡茲,你爲什麼在聽這個火箭發射?

Kaz: Well, it's dramatic, but there's another reason. I thought it could introduce today's expression.

卡茲:因爲它很激動人心,但是還有另一個原因。我覺得它可以引出今天的短語。

Yang Li: Tell me more.

楊麗:告訴我更多吧。

Kaz: The expression is 'It's not rocket science'.

卡茲:短語是“這不是火箭科學”。

Yang Li: 'It's not rocket science', meaning?

楊麗:“這不是火箭科學”意思是?

Kaz: Something that's not complicated or difficult to understand - 'it's not rocket science'.

卡茲:某事並不複雜或很難理解——“這麼簡單的事情”。

Yang Li: For example?

楊麗:比如?

Kaz: OK. Somebody can't get the television to work and asks you, "How do I switch this thing on?" You would say "It's not rocket science. Just press 'on' on the handset".

卡茲:好的。某人不能打開電視機然後問你,“我怎麼打開這個?”你可以說“這麼簡單的事情。只要按一下遙控器的開鍵就行。”

Yang Li: So there's nothing complicated about it. You just press the 'on' switch and away you go. But is the expression 'it's not rocket science' only used for gadgets?

楊麗:所以這並沒有什麼複雜的。你只是按了開鍵然後你就走了。但是“這麼簡單的事情”這個短語是不是隻用在小玩意上?

Kaz: No, not at all, Li. In fact it's used for many situations that are just obvious... for example - why are we always short of money?

卡茲:不,並不是,麗。事實上它用在很多清楚明白的情境下...比如,爲什麼我們總是缺錢?

Yang Li: Well, it's not rocket science Kaz - we don't get paid enough!

楊麗:這麼簡單的事情卡茲——我們的工資不夠多!

Kaz: Brilliant Li. That's an excellent example.

卡茲:精彩麗。這是個完美的例子。

Yang Li: Yes, I like it too. But let's listen to some more examples:

楊麗:是的,我也喜歡。但是讓我們來聽更多的例子:

How do I cook this soup?

我應該怎樣煮這個湯?

Come on Rob, it's not rocket science, all you have to do is open the tin and heat it up.

別這樣羅伯,這麼簡單的事情,你只需要打開罐頭然後加熱。

I can't understand why our company is in such a mess?

我不能理解爲什麼我們的公司這麼混亂?

It's not rocket science to figure that out - there are too many managers!

這麼容易理解的事情——有太多的經理了!

Yang Li: OK Kaz, the phrase 'it's not rocket science' is used for situations that are obvious. But I get the feeling that the phrase 'it's not rocket science' is quite informal, right?

楊麗:好的卡茲,短語“這麼簡單的事情”用在非常明顯的情境下。但是我覺得“這並不是火箭科學”不太正式,是嗎?

Kaz: You're right Li. So please use with care!

卡茲:你說得對麗。那麼請小心使用!

Yang Li: Absolutely.

楊麗:當然了。

Kaz: It's usually used with the negative 'It's not rocket science'.

卡茲:它通常情況下和否定一起用“這並不是火箭科學”。

Yang Li: Well, I'm sure of one thing Kaz.

楊麗:我很確定一件事卡茲。

Kaz: What's that Li?

卡茲:那是什麼麗?

Yang Li: Presenting this programme is not exactly rocket science - it's easy!

楊麗:做這個節目並不是火箭科學——這很簡單!

Both: Bye!

一起:再見!