當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第70期: things are looking up一切欣欣向榮

The english we speak(BBC教學)第70期: things are looking up一切欣欣向榮

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.07W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第70期: things are looking up一切欣欣向榮

Chris: Hi, I'm Chris, and welcome to The English We Speak. It's a nice day here in London, so I've come outside to meet Helen. Ah, there she is! Helen, how are you?

克里斯:大家好,我是克里斯,歡迎來到我們所說的英語。今天倫敦是個好天氣,所以我和海倫來外面見面。啊,她在那裏!海倫,你好嗎?

Helen: I'm... fine... thanks.

海倫:我,很好,謝謝。

Chris: What are you doing? What are you looking at?

克里斯:你在幹什麼?你在看什麼?

Helen: I'm looking up.

海倫:我在向上看。

Chris: R-Right. But I can't see anything.

克里斯:好吧,但是我什麼也看不到。

Helen: Neither can I.

海倫:我也是。

Chris: Have you seen an aeroplane or something?

克里斯:你看到飛機或什麼其他的了嗎?

Helen: Not sure...

海倫:不確定...

Chris: Maybe a bird?

克里斯:或許一隻鳥?

Helen: Well, apparently things are looking up.

海倫:顯然一切都向上看。

Chris: Things are looking up?

克里斯:一切都向上看?

Helen: Yes, Rosie told me that the weather has been sunny for the last three days, so things are looking up. I thought I'd come and see for myself... But there's not much going on to be honest.

海倫:是的,羅西告訴我最後三天天氣晴朗,所以一切都向上看。我覺得我得來自己看一看。但是說實話沒有什麼發生。

Chris: Ah, I think you've misunderstood. Rosie didn't mean there are things up in the sky.

克里斯:啊,我覺得你誤解了。羅西的意思不是天空中有事發生。

Helen: Really? What do you mean?

海倫:真的嗎?什麼意思?

Chris: It's an expression. You use the phrase 'things are looking up' when you want to suggest that conditions are getting better or more positive.

克里斯:這是個短語。當你想要表達情況正在好轉或向積極的方向發展,你可以用“一切欣欣向榮”這個短語。

Helen: Oh, right...

海倫:哦,好吧。

Chris: Here are some examples:

克里斯:以下是一些例子:

My wife and I both found great new jobs last month, so things are looking up.

我的妻子和我上個月都找到了好的新工作,所以一切都欣欣向榮。

Things are finally looking up now that he's recovered from his illness.

事情現在終於好轉了,他的病痊癒了。

Helen: So when Rosie told me that things were looking up, she meant that the weather has been getting better at the moment.

海倫:所以當羅西告訴我事情欣欣向榮,她的意思是天氣當時正在好轉。

Chris: Yes, she's suggesting that it looks like the weather in general is improving. So what do you think? Do you think the weather is getting better?

克里斯:是的,她的意思是看起來天氣大體上在改善。那麼你覺得呢?你覺得天氣在好轉嗎?

Helen: So far, yes, yesterday was really hot. I hope it lasts for the weekend… But if things get worse, would you say, 'things are looking down'?

海倫:到目前爲止,是的,昨天特別熱。我希望一直延續到週末。但是如果情況變壞,你會說“事情正在向下”嗎?

Chris: Not really. Instead, you could say: "It's taken a turn for the worse".

克里斯:不會的。相反,你可以說:“我正在轉向壞的方向。”

Helen: It's taken a turn for the worse. That's a useful phrase.

海倫:轉向壞的方向。這是個很有用的短語。

Chris: Oh, but hang on... look at that black cloud in the sky. It looks like it might rain after all. That's typical English weather!

克里斯:哦,但是等一下。看天空中那朵黑雲。它看起來好像要下雨了。這是典型的英國天氣!

Helen: Oh great. Things really have taken a turn for the worse! Quick, let's get back to the office before it rains.

海倫:哦太好了。事情真的轉向壞的方向了!快,我們在下雨前回到辦公室去。

Chris: Let's go! Do join us again for another edition of The English We Speak and visit our website, . Bye!

克里斯:我們走!一定要再次加入我們獲取其他版本的我們所說的英語,並訪問我們的網站,。再見!

Helen: Bye!

海倫:再見!