當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第694期:如何“評價”別人

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第694期:如何“評價”別人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.87K 次

judge

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第694期:如何“評價”別人

/dʒʌdʒ/

評判

Don't judge a book by its cover.

不要根據封面去評價一本書。

Don't judge a man by his apperance.

不要根據人的長相去評價一個人。


詢問對方是什麼樣的人

What's your new teacher like?

你的新老師怎麼樣?


Have you met her? What's she like?

你見過她了嗎?她怎樣?


What kind of impression did he give you?

他留給你的第一印象是什麼?


What kind of a guy is he?

他是怎樣的一個人?


What was your first impression of him?

你對他的第一印象是什麼?


I can't tell what people are like just by looking at them.

只是憑外表,我無法判斷人具體是什麼樣的。


具體描述一個人

He's got nerves of steel.

意志堅定。


He's very cool under pressure.

他在壓力下非常冷靜。


He doesn't lose his cool easily.

他不會輕易激動。


He gets angry easily.

他極易動怒。


He has a short temper.

他脾氣暴躁。


Conversation:

A: So how was your blind date the other night?

那麼你前兩天晚上的相親怎麼樣?


B: Not that great. I mean he was nice and all. But there was something about him.

不是太好,我是說他還不錯,就是有些地方怪怪的。


A: What? You make him sound like he was hiding something. Was he shifty?

怎麼?聽你這麼說,他好像隱瞞了什麼事情,他狡猾嗎?

shifty詭計的;不可靠的


B: No, he just seemed too nervous, like he had something to hide.

不狡猾,他好像只是太緊張了,就像隱瞞了什麼事情似的。


A: Maybe he was just nervous about the blind date.

也許他只是對於相親太緊張了。


B: That's what I thought too, at first. But all through dinner and the movie afterward, he was never relaxed. It was a bit odd.

起初我也是這麼想,但吃完飯又看了電影,他一點兒都沒有放鬆,有點兒奇怪。


A: Maybe he's just a high-strung person. Or maybe he's actually married.

也許他只是個神經緊張的人,或者也許他實際上已經結婚了。