當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 哈佛校園情景對話:哈佛自然歷史博物館

哈佛校園情景對話:哈佛自然歷史博物館

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.39W 次

哈佛大學,簡稱哈佛。坐落於美國馬薩諸塞州劍橋市,是一所享譽世界的私立研究型大學,是著名的常春藤盟校成員,被公認爲是當今世界最頂尖的高等教育機構之一。下面本站小編爲大家帶來關於哈佛大學校園生活情景對話,歡迎大家學習!

哈佛校園情景對話:哈佛自然歷史博物館

 哈佛校園情景對話:哈佛自然歷史博物館

Han Meimei and John are on the way to Harvard Museum of Natural Science

J: There is one place that you can’t miss when you come to Harvard.

J:你來到哈佛有一個地方是必須要去的。

H: I'd like to visit every comer of Harvard as soon as possible.

H:我想盡快轉遍哈佛的每個角落。

J: Ha, the City of Rome was not built in one day. You can take your time when you become a member here. For now, I’d like to show you the Museum of Natural Science.

J:哈哈,一口吃不了個胖子。你來這兒上學時可以慢慢轉。但現在我想帯你去自然 歷史博物館。

H: No, John, I thought you’re going to take me to other places of Harvard. We haven’t finished our Harvard trip. I don’t want to go elsewhere.

H:不,約翰,我以爲你要帶我去哈佛的其他地方,我們的 哈佛之旅還沒完呢,我不想去其他地方。

J: We,re not going elsewhere,we,re going to a Harvard museum.

J:我們不是去其他地方,就是去哈佛的博物館。

H: You what? Harvard museum? Don't fool me. How can a university have a museum?

H:你說什麼?哈佛博物館?別拿我開涮了,大學怎麼可能 有博物館呢。

J: Haven’t you heard about university museums?

J:難道你沒聽說過大學博物館嗎?

H: No, I’m afraid not. I know I'm a little ignorant and ill-informed.

H:恐怕沒有聽說過。我知道我有點無知和孤陋寡聞。

J: Never and ever say that again. You,re learning.

J:千萬別那樣說,你在學習呀。

H: Thank you, John. I can’t wait to see what the Museum of Natural Science looks like. Let’s go.

(They are appreciating the exhibits.)

H:謝謝你,約翰。我等不及要去看看哈佛自然歷史博物館是什麼樣了,咱們走吧。(他們在欣賞展品。)

H: I didn’t expect that there’re a fair number of people.

H:我、沒想到人還不少呢。

J: Today is Sunday, so many working people and school children come.

J:今天是星期天,所以有很多上班族和學生。

H; I thought the Museum is only for Harvard students.

H:我以爲博物館只是對哈佛的學生開放。

J: No, it serves the public. It’s the University’s most-visited museum, with more than 155,000 visitors every year.

J:不是的,它服務於大衆,是哈佛大學客流量最多的博物館,每車有15,5萬多人前來參觀。

H: Not many, but quite enough for a university’s museum.

H:不是很多,但對於一個大學的博物館來說已經是相當多了。

J: In fact, the Museum is only the “public face” of other museums.

J:實際上這裏只是其他博物館的“臉面”。

H: What do you mean by saying that?

H:什麼意思?

J: The exhibits here are only part of the whole collections of Harvard. There are other three museums whose main function is for research and study. The Museum, on the other hand, aims to arouse the public’s interest in natural history.

J:這兒的展品只是哈佛全部藏品的一部分而已。除了這個博物館,還有三個博物館, 其功能主要是調查和研究。而這個博物館的宗旨就是引起人們對自然史的興趣

H: A good university will assume the responsibility to educate not only its own students but the whole society. And museums have the power to change the way we see and understand our world

H: 一所好的大學會乘擔起教育本校學生以及整個社會的責任。而且,博物館可以改 變我們對世界的看法和理解。

J: You can say that again. Harvard University has done quite well on this point.

J:說得很對。哈佛大學在這方面做得很好。

H: Since it’s open to the public, I can visit quite often during my stay in Cambridge.

H:既然博物館對外開放,那我待在玫布里奇期間就可以經常來參觀了。

J: There are also many lectures given by Harvard faculty and other scientists each year. You can come and attend the lectures.

J:每年還有很多哈佛老師和其他科學家的講座,你可以來聽聽。

H: Really? Great! I’ve been interested in natural evolution.(Suddenly Han Meimei halts to gaze at something.)

H:真的嗎?太好了!我一直都對自然演變很感興趣。(韓梅梅突然停下來盯着什麼看。)

H: John,I've never seen such a big egg. Is it real?

H:約翰,我從沒見過這麼大的蛋,是真的嗎?

J: Wow, that’s the elephant bird egg, I just read about it on books yesterday.

J: D圭,那就是象鳥蛋,我昨天剛在書上看到過。

H: So, you’ve never seen it before.

H:那你以前也從未見過嘍。

J: No, this is the first time I’ve seen it. But I’ve done enough homework yesterday before being your guide today.

J:沒有,只是我第一次見。但爲了今天當你的導遊,我昨天可是做足了功課。

H: I appreciate it.

H:我很感激。

J: I just perform the duties of a host. If I go to China, you will do the same thing.

J:我只是盡了地主之誼。如果我去中國,你也會這麼做的。

H: That’s for sure.

H:那肯定了。

J: Let’s go back on the track. The elephant bird egg is the most precious treasure of the museum. It is the largest egg in the world.

J:回到正題,這個象鳥蛋可是鎮館之寶。它是世界上最大的蛋了。

H: As far as I know, the largest egg in the world is the ostrich’s egg.

H:據我所知,世界上最大的蛋是鴕鳥蛋啊。

J: That’s because the elephant birds are extinct now. This egg has a history of about 300 years.

J:那是因爲象鳥現在已經滅絕了,這個蛋可有大約300年的歷史了。

H: I see.

H:我明白了。

J: It is said that the curator will guard the egg the whole day and is the only one who can touch it.

J:據說館長會一天到晚守着它,其他人都不可以碰它。 .

H: It deserves to be the most precious treasure of the museum.

H:不愧是鎮館之寶呀。

J: There are many other rare and interesting exhibits. Let’s move on.

J:還有很多別的稀有和有趣的展品,往前走吧。