當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第940期:詭計花招

迷你對話學地道口語第940期:詭計花招

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.14W 次

第一, 迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第940期:詭計花招

A: That is why I am picking your brain. You must help me to sort things out so that I will be able to get her attention.

這就是我爲何請教你的原因了,你得幫我想個辦法讓我能引起她的注意。

B: You must use some gimmick.

你 必須耍點小花招了。

A: But what gimmick can I use?

可是我能耍什麼花招呢?

B: Let’s find another time and have a good talk. Maybe we can come up with some good ideas.

咱麼另外找個時間好好聊聊吧啊,也許會拿出些好主意來。

第二, 地道表達

gimmick

1. 解詞釋義

Gimmick的意思爲“花招,詭計”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. The pretty girl on the cover of the book is just a sales gimmick.

書封面上印上美女不過是吸引顧客的一種生意眼。

e.g. The advertisement is just a gimmick to make consumers buy their products.

宣傳只是一種使消費者買他們產品的花招。

第三, 咬文嚼字

1. pick one’s brain向別人瞭解情況,徵求精通某個問題的專家的意見

e.g. People all say that Mary is very smart. Yes, she is. But you have to know the reason why she is smart is because she always picks other people's brains.

人們都說瑪麗這個人非常聰明。是的,她確實非常聰明。但是,你們得知道她之所以聰明是因爲她老是聽取別人的意見。

e.g. I don't understand all this scientific language. I'd better go see Doctor Rogers at the medical school and pick his brain; maybe he can make it clear to me.

我是不懂這些科學名詞。我還是到醫學院去請教羅傑斯大夫吧,沒準他能把問題給我解釋清楚。

2. sort up:解決

e.g. Leave it with me, I'm sure I can sort it out.

把這事留給我吧,我一定會解決的。

e.g. Charles suggested they get together at a later date to sort it out.

查理斯建議說他們應在晚些時候聚在一起,解決這件事。

e.g. Look it's nothing to do with anyone else, its my problem I'll sort it out!

這和其他人沒有關係。這是我的問題,我會處理!

e.g. It depends on how quickly your engineers can sort it out.

這取決於你們工程師能夠多快地解決這個問題。

3. get one’s attention/get the attention from sb.:吸引某人的注意力,引起某人的注意

e.g. In the past season, French films got more attention from the public than American films.

近來,法國影片比美國片更能博得觀衆的青睞。

e.g. I hated her because she got all the attention from our parents and their friends.

我恨地,因爲爸爸媽媽以及親友們都只關心她一個人。

e.g. Only a few years ago, the Golden Globes barely got any attention at all.

幾年前金球獎還鮮爲人知。

e.g. She pulled his sleeve to get his attention.

她拉他的袖子以引起他的注意。

4. have a good talk:好好談一談

e.g. I've always wanted to have a good talk with you, but I never have the time!

我總想暢暢快快跟你談一次——唉,可總是沒有時間。

e.g. The way I see it, you should have a good talk with him.

要我看,你應該跟他好好談一談。

e.g. I got a letter from John last week. She wrote that she'd seen you and had a good talk.

我上禮拜收到John的信,信上說碰見你而且跟你談得很痛快。

5. come up with:想出

e.g. He has by chance come up with to the answering of that problem.

他偶然想出了對那個問題的解答。

e.g. He couldn' t come up with an appropriate answer just at the time.

那時他想不出一個合適的答案。