當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1833期:讓...空等或久等

迷你對話學地道口語第1833期:讓...空等或久等

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.64W 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1833期:讓...空等或久等

A: Hurry up, or you'll be late again.

快點,不然你又遲到了。

B: I'm coming.

來了。

A: You can't keep them cooling their heels each time.

你不能每次讓我們這樣空等啊。

B: Don't worry, I won't this time.

放心,這次不會了。

第二,地道表達

cool one's heels

1. 解詞釋義

Cool one's heels的意思是:讓某人久等,讓某人空等。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. I was early for the appointment, so I had to cool my heels in the outer office.

我比約定的時間來得早,所以只得在外面的辦公室裏等着。

e.g. I had to cool my heels for nearly an hour before the manager would see me.

在經理見我之前,我只得久等了將近一個小時。

e.g. Let him cool his heels in the outer office, that will teach him to be more polite.

讓他在外間辦公室等候着,那將可教訓他以後客氣點。

e.g. The manager let the job applicants cool their heels in the outer office.

經理讓求職的人在外面那間辦公室等了很久。

第三,短語積累

keep someone doing something:讓某人做某事

e.g. I keep my son doing homework every evening.

我要我的兒子每天晚上寫家庭作業。