迷你對話學地道口語第2024期:說話嚴謹,守口如瓶
情景對話:
A: How about your exam?
你考試考得怎麼樣?
B: Sorry, I can't tell you.
抱歉我不能告訴你。
A: Why not? Are your lips sealed?
爲什麼?你的嘴被封住了嗎?
B: No. Just because I failed in the exam.
不,只是因爲我考得不好。
1. 詞彙拾貝
seal one’s slips
exp. To be tight-mouthed. (說話嚴謹,守口如瓶)
e.g. John wanted to talk, but Mary told him to keep seal his lips.
約翰想說,但瑪麗要他守口如瓶。
e.g. She seals her lips. So far she has not breathed a word about that.
她的嘴很緊,直到現在對那件事她也沒有吐露一個字。
e.g. I am determined to find out the secret of her sealing her lips toward her mother.
我得弄明白她爲什麼對她母親守口如瓶。
2. 語彙積累
fail in:失敗
e.g. By my calculation, 5% of the students will fail in the exam.
據我估計,百分之五的學生不能通過這次考試。
e.g. You will bring the blame of others upon yourself if you fail in this.
如果你在這件事上失敗了, 就會招來別人的非議。