迷你對話學地道口語第1344期:領情
第一,迷你對話
A: How do you arrange your vocation? Come here and stay with me?
你是如何安排你的假期的?來這裡和我待在一起吧。
B: I would like to, but...
我願意去,但是......
A: Oh, we haven't see each other for a long time.
哦,我們很久沒有見面了。
B: I know. I hope you take the will for the deed.
我知道,希望您接受我的心意。
A: OK, have good luck.
好吧,祝你好運。
第二,地道表達
take the will for the deed
解詞釋義
Take the will for the deed的意思是“領情,領其心意”。
拓展範例
E.g. I was full of good intentions but they did not take the will for the deed.
我是充滿好意,可以別人不領情。
E.g. I am gratified that they take the will for the deed.
使我感到欣慰的是他們領情。
第三,好詞妙語
Have good luck:好運
E.g. May you have good luck in everything and good fortune in every direction.
祝君萬事如意,財源通達。
E.g. John has a four-leaf clover in his pocket. He thinks he will have good luck now.
約翰口袋裡有一棵幸運草,他認為自己現在會交好運了。