當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1913期:半心半意

迷你對話學地道口語第1913期:半心半意

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.27W 次

第一,情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1913期:半心半意

A: We received a complaint from a customer saying that you had half a mind in your work.

我們收到一份顧客的投訴,說你在工作中敷衍塞責。

B: It's not my fault. She's just making a big fuss about nothing.

那不是我的錯。她只不過是小題太做。

A: We'll have an investigation. But I would remind you that customers are always right. I want you to remember this.

我們會調查此事的。但我要提醒你,顧客永遠都是對的。希望你記住這一點。

B: Yes, manager.

是,經理。

第二,詞海拾貝

have half a mind

exp. If you say that you have half a mind to do something, you are thinking about doing it or threatening to do it, although you probably will not do it. (半心半意,想去做但是不會去做)

e.g. I was wet and weary and had half a mind to curl up on the hillside and wait for the rescue helicopter.

我渾身溼透,疲憊不堪,真想蜷縮在山坡上等待救援直升機的到來。

e.g. I have half a mind to file a lawsuit against her.

我真想起訴她。

My flight home was so terrible, I have half a mind to write a letter to the airline company and complain.

我回家的航班太糟糕了,我真想給航空公司寫封信投訴。

第三,語彙積累

make a fuss:大驚小怪,小題大做

e.g. If you make a fuss it will get into the papers.

你要是惹麻煩,那這件事就要上報了。

e.g. "Quiet, old fellow," cried Edward."Now then, don't make a fuss, quiet!"

愛德華喊到:“安靜點,老夥計,別大驚小怪的,安靜點。”

make a fuss about nothing:屁大的小事情弄得有聲有色,屁大的小事弄得大驚小怪