魔鬼口語1000句(85):屈指可數
1. I’m not a soldier of fortune.
我不是個槍手。
►soldier of fortune 軍事冒險者;追求財富或享樂的冒險家
2. He’s unrelenting.
他堅定不移。
3. I refuse to be fitted into any ideological straitjacket.
我不會被任何觀念所束縛。
4. I do a full workup every year.
我每年都做全身體檢。
5. We all slip up.
人人都有失誤的時候。
►slip up 滑跤;疏忽,犯錯;遭到不幸
e.g. It must have slipped up badly. 一定是出了大錯。
6. Nothing really tickled my fancy.
沒什麼吸引我的東西。
►tickle one's fancy 引起某人的興趣
7. She had the presence of mind.
她沉著冷靜,反應敏捷。
►presence of mind 沉著,鎮定,不亂方寸;聚精會神,專心志致
e.g. The boy had the presence of mind to turn off the gas. 那男孩子鎮定地關掉了煤氣。
8. A man should have a sinewy body.
男人應該強壯。
9. I can throw him off the scent for a while.
我可以瞞他一陣子。
►throw/put sb. off the scent 糊弄人
10. You could count on the fingers of one hand.
屈指可數。
►count on the fingers of one hand 屈指可數,寥寥無幾
從字面不難猜出這個詞的意思,一隻手就可以數過來,那可真的是太少。