當前位置

首頁 > 英語閲讀 > 英文文章作品 > 英語短文的優秀的文章欣賞

英語短文的優秀的文章欣賞

推薦人: 來源: 閲讀: 9.14K 次

我們在學習英語的時候不要放過任何有關於英語的文章。今天小編就給大家分享一下英語美文欣賞,來看看吧

英語短文的優秀的文章欣賞

 From Song Of Myself

自我之歌(選段)

By Walt Whitman

I think I could turn and live a while with the animals...

我想我可以轉而和動物生活一陣子……

They are so placid and self-contained,

動物是那樣温和,那樣沉默寡言,

I stand and look at them sometimes half the day long.

有時候,我站在那裏注視着動物,一看就是半天。

They do not sweat and whine about their condition,

動物們不為自己的處境煩惱和哀鳴,

They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins.

不會躺在黑暗中徹夜不眠,為自己的罪孽流淚。

They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,

動物們不會談論他們對上主的義務而令我作嘔,

Not one is dissatisfied...

所有動物都是滿足的……

Not one is demented with the mania of owning things,

也沒有哪種動物為滿足自己的佔有慾而發狂,

Not one kneels to another,nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago.

動物不會向另一種動物,或是幾千年前的同類屈膝膜拜。

Not one is respectable or industrious over the whole earth.

也沒有哪種動物是超乎一切的最可敬的或是最勤勞的。

  為我的母親祈禱

Dear God,

親愛的上帝:

Now that I am no longer young, I have friends whose mothers have passed away. I have heard these sons and daughters say they never fully appreciated their mothers until it was too late to tell them.

如今我已不再年輕,一些朋友的母親已經去世了。我曾聽這些子女們説過,他們從沒有向母親充分表示過他們的感激之情,而待到要告訴時為時已晚了。

I am blessed with the dear mother who is still alive. I appreciate her more each day. My mother does not change, but I do. As I grow older and wiser, I realize what an extraordinary person she is. How sad that I am unable to speak these words in her presence, but they flow easily from my pen.

幸運的是,我親愛的母親依然健在。我對她的感情與日俱增。母親沒有變,而我卻變了。隨着年歲的增長,我越來越懂事了,我認識到她是個非常了不起的人。這些話在她面前我難以啟齒,但在筆下卻可以輕易地寫出來,這令我感到多麼難過。

How does a daughter begin to thank her mother for life itself? For the love, patience and just plain hard work that go into raising a child? For running after a toddler, for understanding a moody teenager, for tolerating a college student who knows everything? For waiting for the day when a daughter realizes her mother really is?

一個女兒該怎樣開口感謝她的母親所給予的生命?感謝她在撫養孩子時所付出的愛、耐心以及無私的辛勤勞動?感謝她跟在蹣跚學步的孩子身後奔跑,對情緒不定的少女的理解,以及對一個自以為是的大學生的寬容? 感謝她等待女兒認識到她真是一位好母親的這一天?

How does a grown woman thank for a mother for continuing to be a mother? For being ready with advice (when asked) or remaining silent when it is most appreciated? For not saying: "I told you so", when she could have uttered these words dozens of times? For being essentially herself--loving, thoughtful, patient, and forgiving?

一個成年女子該怎樣感謝母親依然如故的角色?感謝在被問到時她會及時提供良言,而在不需要時她會保持沉默?感謝她沒有説:“我告訴過你”,而她本來可以説上許多次?感謝她始終不變的愛心、體貼周到、耐心與寬容厚道?

I don't know how, dear God, except to bless her as richly as she deserves and to help me live up to the example she has set. I pray that I will look as good in the eyes of my children as my mother looks in mine.

我不知道該怎樣來表達,親愛的上帝,除了請求你好好地保佑她--那是她該得到的--並幫助我朝她做出的榜樣看齊。我祈願在孩子的眼裏我會如同母親在我眼裏一般好。

A daughter

一個女兒

  誰才是有色人種?

Dear white, something you got to know

親愛的白種人,有幾件事你必須知道。

When I was born, I was black.

當我出生時,我是黑色的

When I grow up, I am black.

我長大了,我是黑色的

When I’m under the sun, I’m black.

我在陽光下,我是黑色的

When I’m cold, I’m black.

我寒冷時,我是黑色的

When I’m afraid, I’m black.

我害怕時,我是黑色的

When I’m sick, I’m black.

我生病了,我是黑色的

When I die, I’m still black.

當我死了,我仍是黑色的。

you—white people,

你——白種人

When you were born, you were pink.

當你出生時,你是粉紅色的

When you grow up, you become white.

你長大了,變成白色的

You’re red under the sun.

你在陽光下,你是紅色的

You’re blue when you’re cold.

你寒冷時,你是青色的

You are yellow when you’re afraid.

你害怕時,你是黃色的

You’re green when you’re sick.

你生病時,你是綠色的

You’re gray when you die.

當你死時,你是灰色的

And you, call me color?

然後,你叫我“有色種人”?