跟艾米莉一起學口語 第805期:我是自由職業
in the middle of...
在...之間
He is standing in the middle of the room.
他站在屋子的中間。
I was in the middle of dinner when he called.
他打進來的時候,我正在吃晚飯。
employ
僱傭
The company employed several new staff.
公司又僱傭了幾個新員工。
self-employed
個體經營的;單幹的;自由職業的
I'm self-employed.
我是自由職業者。
employee
僱員
Conversation:
A: What's up? Are you in the middle of something?
你還好嗎?在忙嗎?
B: Yeah. I'm just working out how much money I've earned this month.
是啊,我正在算這個月我能賺多少錢。
A: Doesn't your company work that out for you?
這不是應該由你的公司給你算嗎?
B: I don't work for a company anymore. After I got fired last month, I decided to become self-employed.
我現在不在公司上班了,上個月被公司解僱之後,我決定自己幹。
A: Really? That's exciting. How do you like it so far?
真的嗎?太好了,那到現在為止你乾的怎麼樣了?
B: Well, I can wake up whenever I want and I don't have to ask anyone's permission to take a break.
我可以想什麼時候起牀就什麼時候起牀,想休息的時候也不用徵求任何人的同意。
A: That sounds good.
聽起來不錯。
B: Actually. I'm working more hours now than I did before. But I don't mind as much because I'm the one making decisions.
實際上,我現在工作的時間比以前長多了。但是我不太介意這個,因為我一個人説了算。
A: How's the pay?
收入如何?
B: I'd rather not say. It's kind of a personal thing.
我不想説,這是我的私事。