迷你對話學地道口語第64期:偶遇
迷你對話:
A:Is this watch yours?
這是你的手錶嗎?
B:No, it isn't mine. I blundered upon it under the sofa. Do youknow whose watch it is?
不,不是我的。我是在沙發下面撿到的。你知道是誰的嗎?
A:Let me have a look. It's mine. I have been looking for it, but just cannot find it. It's present from my father.
讓我看一看,這是我的手錶,我一直在找它就是找不到。這是我父親送給我的禮物。
B:Well, here you are. Remember to put it in a proper place.
哦,給你吧。記得把它放好。
地道表達:
blunder upon
小編講解:
blunder是動詞,意思是“犯錯誤,亂闖,瞎闖或者是碰到某物”,短語blunder upon指的是“偶然碰上或者是無意中發現”。
支持範例:
erday I blundered upon an old friend I hadn't seen for several years.
昨天我偶然碰上了一個幾年沒見面的老朋友。
Eg.I blundered upon an old classmate this morning.
今天早上我偶然遇到了一位老同學。
e visiting the Great Wall, they blundered upon a group of foreign friends.
他們在遊覽長城的時候偶然遇到了一羣外國友人。
erday I blundered upon an old acquaintance of mine.
昨天我偶然遇到一位老相識。
詞海拾貝:
sth in + adj. Place:把......放在......的地方
put the gold watch in a safe place.
他把金錶放在安全處。
Eg.I went and put it in a secret place by Parah, as the Lord had said to me.
我就去,照着所吩咐我的將它帶藏在伯拉河邊。
take a stone and put it in the same place.
拿塊石頭,放回原位。
mice at the cheese again, put it in a safer place.
耗子又在偷吃乾酪了,把它放到較安全的地方去吧。
a look:看一看,看一下
Eg.I went east in May to have a look at him.
我五月到東部去拜訪他。
me have a look at your newspaper.
讓我看一看你的報紙。
that he'd come to the door, he thought he might as well go in with the others to have a look.
他想既然來到了門口,莫如跟着進去看看。
se have a look and tell me your opinion.
請看一下並把你的意見告訴我。
for:尋找
4.a prensent from sb:某人送的禮物
r the sofa:在沙發下面
6.a proper place:合適的地方
特別聲明:該節目中的迷你對話選自口語書籍,其餘講解部分均為可可編輯原創,未經授權請勿轉載。