迷你對話學地道口語第922期:怒髮衝冠
第一, 迷你對話
A: Did you say that Nancy got angry with you?
你是不是説南希生你的氣了?
B: Yeah. She almost flew into a rage. She said that it was more none of my business.
是的,她幾乎大發雷霆,她説不關我的事。
A: We all blow our tops at times.
有時候,我們都發脾氣。
B: Your’er right. That’s why I didn’t take that too much to heart.
你説得對,所以我沒往心上去。
第二, 地道表達
fly into rage
1. 解詞釋義
Fly into rage是一個習語,表示“怒髮衝冠”“大發雷霆” “勃然大怒”的意思。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. Why should you fly into a rage at the slightest provocation?
你為何就為了一點小事大動肝火呢?
e.g. Don't fly into a rage at the drop of a hat. Remember: keep cucumber cool!
別動不動就發火,記住:要保持冷靜。
e.g. Talking of his disappointing son, the old father flew into a rage.
説起他的那個不爭氣的兒子,老父親勃然大怒。
e.g. Each time we mention Tom, Helen flew into a rage.
每當我們提到湯姆,海倫就暴跳如雷。
第三, 咬文嚼字
get angry with sb. :生某人的氣
e.g. They like to get things done quickly and can get angry with those who can't keep up.
他們喜歡快速地將事情完成,並會對跟不上速度的人非常生氣。
e.g. I am sorry that I get angry with you last time. I hope that you don't mind my sensitivity.
上次生你的氣我真對不起,希望你不要在意我的敏感。
none of one’s business:不關某人的事
e.g. I am responsible for the matter. None of other's business.
這件事由我負責, 跟旁人不相干。
e.g. It' s none of your business, so please don' t butt in.
此事與你無關,請勿介入。
blow one’s tops:氣急敗壞,發脾氣
e.g. You can understand why we blew our tops a little.
你會明白,我們為什麼會發脾氣。
at times:偶爾,有時
e.g. He's a real gentleman, if a little pompous at times.
他可是個正人君子, 雖然有時略顯得傲慢了些。
e.g. I scarcely understand myself at times.
我有時簡直就不瞭解我自己。
take something to heart:牢記在心,在意,記住
e.g. I'll take to heart everything you've said.
我會記住你説的每句話。
e.g. I hop you will take to heart the warning you have been given.
我希望你能認真考慮人家給你的告誡。
e.g. It's a lesson that all of us can take to heart.
這是我們所有人都可以牢記在心的教訓。