英語口語練習小對話 第69期:插嘴
迷你對話:
A:Why are you so rude to your wife?
你為什麼對你的妻子這麼無禮粗魯。
B:I didn't like her butting in where I didn't want her. She's a chatter box.
我不喜歡他干涉我的事情,她老是嘮嘮叨叨的講個不停。
A:But she means to help you, not to trouble you.
但她是想幫你的,而不是給你添亂的。
B:I know. But I just can't stand her butting in when I was trying to emphasize a point.
我知道,我就是不能容忍我要強調要點的時候她插嘴。
地道表達:
butt in
小編講解:
butt做動詞,意思是“猛撞”所以butt in就是向......猛撞。另外,butt in還可以引申為“插嘴”“插手”或“干涉”之意。
支持範例:
't butt in on other people's private affairs.
不要干涉別人的私事。
boy's looking after him and there's no cause for you to utt in!
有他的傭人照顧他,用不着你插一腳!
' s none of your business, so please don' t butt in.
此事與你無關,請勿介入。
y to butt in, but do I hear you say you'll get married next month?
對不起打斷一下,我聽説你下個月要結婚了?
詞海拾貝:
1.a chatterbox:喋喋不休的人,説話説個不停的人,嘮嘮叨叨的人
chatterbox will talk 24 hours a day if she do not sleep at night.
那個話匣子如果晚上不用睡覺的話,可以二十四小時喋喋不休。
will be a real chatterbox this week.
你本週會喋喋不休的嘮叨。
asize a point:強調重點
rude to sb:對某人粗魯
d sb:忍受某人