職場社交英語 Lesson 22:你打算迴應他嗎?
職場社交英語 Lesson 22:你打算迴應他嗎?
SCENE④ A 吉娜和戴夫在隔間裏
【你打算迴應他嗎?】
Zina: He's been here again.
吉娜: 他又到過這裏了。
Dave: Rhumba Boy? What did he write this time?
戴夫: 倫巴男孩?他這次寫了什麼?
Zina: I am not mean. / Actually, I am quite clean. / Will you be my queen? / Answer me in green, / on your computer screen./
吉娜: “我不卑鄙。 其實我很乾淨。汝願當吾手中玉?用綠色的紙回答我,在你的電腦屏幕上。”
Dave: Are you going to answer him?
戴夫: 你打算迴應他嗎?
Zina: Yes." don't like your green notes. / They make me see red. / Show your head, / and you'll 1) end up dead."
吉娜: 對。“我不愛你的綠紙條。它們讓我氣得臉通紅。若敢露臉,就要你死。”
語言詳解
A: Isn't Lisa your girlfriend?.
莉莎不是你的女朋友嗎?
B: Actually, we broke up. Now I'm dating Jane.
其實我們分手了。我現在跟阿珍在約會。
【He's been here. 他到過這裏。】
have/has been here隱含“現在已經離開這裏”的意思,要是have/has come here即是表示“現在人在這裏”。同理have/has been there意味着“已經離開那裏”,而have/has gone there説明“尚在那裏”。
A: Where have you been? I haven't seen you and Peter for a long time.
你這一向在哪裏?我很久沒有見到你和彼德。
B: I have been in Bangkok for a while, and Peter has gone to the U.S.
我曾一度到曼谷,彼德去了美國。
1) end up 落得......的下場