迷你對話學地道口語第964期:好好聊聊
第一, 迷你對話
A: Why didn’t I find out what an insensible woman she is before our marriage.
我結婚前,怎麼沒發現她不講理啊。
B: But you are husband and wife. If I were you, I would have a good jaw with her. She will appreciate that, I bet.
但是你們是夫妻啊。我要是你,我就和她好好聊聊。
A: Maybe you don’t know her. She’s halfwit. I know her from A to Z。
也許你 不懂得她,她是個笨蛋,我完全瞭解她。
第二, 地道表達
have a good jaw
1. 解詞釋義
Have a good jaw是“好好聊聊一下”的意思。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. My girlfriend had a good jaw with my mother yesterday evening.
昨天晚上我女朋友和我媽媽閒聊了好一陣。
e.g. One evening, John and I had a jaw. He bared his heart to me, and then we have understood each other better.
有天晚上我和約翰聊天,他向我推心置腹,自那以後我倆較為了解了。
e.g. Yesterday they dropped in and had a jaw with us.
昨天他們順道來訪,與我們聊天。
第三, 咬文嚼字
find out:發現
e.g. I shall make it my business to find out who is responsible.
我要查出是誰的責任。
e.g. Follow your nose and see what you can find out.
運用你的辨別能力,看能否找出。
from A to Z:完全,徹底
e.g. Mr. Smith knows the subject from A to Z.
史密斯先生精通此學科。