OMG美語講堂第215期:Settle Down安定下來
OMG! 美語 How I Met Your Mother: Settle Down!
Settle Down 安定下來
Kids, earlier in this story you may recall me saying something along the lines of:
孩子們,早在這個故事中,你可能記得我説的:
OK. No more dating. I am ready to settle down.
好啊。不再去約會。我準備好定下來。
Settle down 的意思就是跟你的女友或者男友定下來,準備好結婚。
You've been with Ryan for 3 years! Are you ready to settle down?
你和Ryan在一起已經有3年了!你們準備好定下來嗎?
Yeah I am SO ready for him to propose!
準備好啊!我希望他會向我求婚哦!
And at the time I probably thought I meant it.
當時我覺得我大概是説真的。
I mean it! 我説真的!
Stop dancing around! 別再接着跳舞了!
(other person dancing)
I mean it! Stop! 我是認真的!停下!
I didn't mean it! 我不是故意的!
I can't believe you don't like my glasses
我不敢相信你不喜歡我的眼鏡
I didn't mean it! I was joking!
我不是故意的!我是開玩笑的吧!
But kids, I'll be honest, being single's fun.
但是,孩子們,説實話,單身很好玩!
As a young, unattached man in New York City I had a great time.
住在紐約市年輕,單身的傢伙就非常好玩兒啦!
unattached 單身
My sister is still unattached. And she's 35!
我的姐姐還是單身的。她是35歲哦!
That's OK! She'll find her soulmate someday!
沒事吧!她還會找到她的靈魂伴侶啊!
A great time. 很好玩哦!
What was I saying? 我在説什麼?
Oh yeah. I had such a great time that it took someone very special
to make me want to settle down.
對啊。我玩兒的非常開心。但是一個非常特別的人讓我發現我準備好定下來。
And that someone was Jeanette.
那很特別的人就是Jeanette.
What made Jeanette so special?
Jeanette為什麼很特別呢?
That was a foul!! 那就是犯規!!!
Jeanette was the last girl I dated before I met your mother.
我見到你的媽媽之前,Jeanette是我最後一個女朋友。
The girl who finally got me to say: "No more dating."
終於讓我説"不要再去約會"的女孩。
I'm ready to settle down. 我準備好定下來。
And really mean it. 我説真的。