當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 雙語美文:擁有自知之明真的很重要

雙語美文:擁有自知之明真的很重要

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.25K 次

Perhaps you've already met many people who think “I am a person who distinguishes right from wrong.”

雙語美文:擁有自知之明真的很重要

或許你已經遇到過很多自認爲“我是個明辨是非的人”的人。

I have. And I really feel sorry for them.

我就遇到過。我真的爲他們感到遺憾。

Once you have this label on you, you basically just shut the door of recognizing yourself.

一旦貼上了這個標籤,那你基本就徹底關上了認清自己的大門。

Unfortunately, this label is still very common.

而很遺憾,這個標籤還是很普遍的。

That's why we see so many disputes and battles online every day.

因此我們每天才能在網上看到這麼多爭端和罵戰。

Everyone feels that their value judgment is the right one and calls their own values justice.

每個人都覺得自己的價值判斷是正確的那個,並把自己的價值觀稱爲正義。

But in fact, what they really care about is not the truth, nor fairness or justice, but their own moral superiority.

但實際上他們真正在關心的並不是真相,也不是公平和正義,而是自己的道德優越感。

I don't know if you have noticed that people with poor cognitive ability are often more likely to label themselves.

不知道你有沒有發現,身邊那些認知能力差的人,往往更愛給自己貼標籤。

Such as “I am righteous”, “I am a good person”, “I have principles”, and “I have taste”.

比如“我仗義”、“我是好人”、“我有原則”、“我有品位”。

They are not bragging, they really think so.

這不是他們在故意吹牛,他們真就這麼認爲。

That is the consequence of labeling oneself.

這就是給自己貼標籤的結果。

They use these labels to block out what makes them uncomfortable and unfortunately the possibility of making changes as well.

他們用這些標籤屏蔽掉了那些讓自己不適的東西,同時也屏蔽掉了改變的可能性。

 

(翻譯:Frank)