當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 謝謝你 在緊要關頭幫助了我

謝謝你 在緊要關頭幫助了我

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.23K 次

I volunteer/work for my local aquarium.
我在本地的一家水族館做義工
Today
今天
I volunteered to help with our sick animals.
我自願去幫助那些生病的動物們
My job today
我今天的工作
was to get a sad baby leopard shark to be happy again
是讓一隻憂傷的豹紋鯊重新快樂起來
as he was having tummy problems
他的小肚子有些不舒服
(basically I massaged a shark all day).
基本上我的工作就是給鯊魚按摩
Because I was so wrapped up in this
我只顧着埋頭工作
I left my Wallet an hour away at the aquarium.
結果把自己的錢包丟在水族館,一個多小時後才發現
When I finally realized this after getting home,
回家後我才發現這件事
I hopped in my car
我跳上自己的車
and saw the gas light on.
卻發現指示燈顯示沒油了
I scrounged up $3 in change
我湊齊了3美元的硬幣
with the hopes 1 gallon would be enough to get me there.
希望一加侖的油足夠讓我到達那裏
When I arrived at the station
當我感到加油站
I had asked the lady
我問加油站裏的服務
how far could 1gallon get me
一問她一加侖的油可以讓車子跑多遠
because I had left my wallet at my job.
因爲我把自己的錢包丟在上班的地方了
Without hesitation
沒有絲毫猶豫
she pulled out a $10 dollar bill
她拿出一張10美元的鈔票
and paid for my gas
爲我付了油錢
and told me that
並且對我說
everyone has struggles
每個人都有難處
and it’s our job to help when we can
力所能及時伸出援手,這是份內的事情
and to push it forward.
可以扶危濟困
I returned 2 hours later
兩個小時後我返回來
with $50 cash to give to her
想要把50美元還給她
but she had left
可是她卻已經離開了
and I didn’t feel comfortable giving it to the other attendant.
而我也不情願將錢交給另一個工作人員
So
所以
to the lady that selflessly gave me gas in my time of need
我想對那位在我需要的時候無私的借錢給我加油的女士說
thank you
謝謝你
and I hope to see you back at work soon!
希望你再來上班的時候,能很快相見!

謝謝你 在緊要關頭幫助了我