當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文文章作品 > 關於草原風景的英語美文

關於草原風景的英語美文

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.85K 次

學生通過大量的經典美文閱讀能夠開闊自己的視野,通過經典的美文閱讀可以增加文化積澱和思想內涵,通過經典美文導讀可以陶冶情操,提高素養。本站小編分享關於草原風景的英語美文,希望可以幫助大家!

關於草原風景的英語美文
  關於草原風景的英語美文:草原上的家

At Home in the Savanna

My name is Dopal. I’m eleven years old and I live in Tanzania, in the heart of the African savanna. I’m a Masai. Masais are nomads who travel all over with their animals, looking for pasture. Our most wonderful and valuable possession is our herd.

I’ve never been to school. My father teaches me everything I have to know. He explains to me how to lead our herd. My own animals are in the middle of the herd. Every Masai gets a cow, a lamb, and a goat the day he’s born. Our most beautiful goat belongs to my father. Her name is Olliye. I love her, even though she’s not always easy to handle.

Olliye is going to have a baby very soon. My father knows Olliye is my favorite, but he always reminds me that we must love all our animals as if they were our children. My father knows all about nature. He shows me some cheetah tracks. Our herds have lots of predators like hyenas, lions, and leopards. A Masai has to be ready to risk his life for his herd. A shepherd must always listen for different sounds and watch to make sure the animals walking behind don’t get lost.

All Masais have their own animals, even the girls. They become their dowry when they get married. The animals are also used in trade for food in the market. My people have always been shepherds. We’re not farmers. For us, the earth is sacred, and we mustn’t hurt it by planting things.

Like all boys, I dream of becoming a warrior. A warrior has to be strong and intelligent. He’s the one who defends the herd against wild beasts. He sometimes travels long distances to bring back lost animals, and he also watches over our safety. Masais go through three stages: childhood, warrior, and elder. I’ll be a warrior from thirteen to twenty-five years old, before I become an elder like my father. Then I can get married and have children.

我叫多培爾,十一歲了,住在坦桑尼亞熱帶草原的中心。我是馬賽人。馬賽人是趕着牧羣四處尋找牧地的遊牧民族。我們最寶貴的財產就是我們的牧羣。

我從沒上過學。我爸爸教會我所應該知道的一切。他告訴我怎樣引導牧羣。我自己的牲口在牧羣中間。每個馬賽人在出生的那天都會得到一隻母牛、羊羔或山羊。我們最漂亮的一隻母山羊就是我爸爸的。它叫奧萊亞。我喜歡它,雖然它有時候不太聽指揮。奧萊亞很快就要當媽媽了。爸爸知道我最喜歡奧萊亞,他總是提醒我說我們要愛護所有的動物,就好像愛護自己的孩子一樣。我爸爸知道自然界的一切事情。他教我看豹子留下的蹤跡。我們的牧羣有許多天敵,如鬣狗、獅子和美洲豹。馬賽人要時刻準備着爲牧羣而犧牲。放牧人必須時刻留神着各種聲音,並看管好跟在身後的牧羣,保證沒有一隻丟失。

所有的馬賽人都有自己的牲口,女孩也有。她們結婚時,牲口就成了她們的嫁妝。牲口還可以用來在市場上換食物。我的族人都是牧人,沒有農夫。在我們眼裏,土地是神聖的,不可以在上面種植東西傷害它。

和所有的男孩一樣,我夢想成爲一名武士。武士必須強壯而機智。他守衛牧羣不受野獸的襲擊。有時他會跋涉遙遠的路程找回失散的牲口,他還保衛着人們的安全。馬賽人一生有三個階段:兒童時代、武士時代和成年時代。從十三歲到二十五歲這段期間,我會成爲一名武士,然後成爲像爸爸一樣的成人。然後我就結婚生孩子。

  看了“關於草原風景的英語美文”後,本站小編分享“Night on the Prairies”!

Night on the Prairies

草原之夜

by Walt Whitman

瓦爾特·惠特曼

Night on the prairies,

草原的夜晚,

The supper is over, the fire on the ground burns low,

晚餐過了,活在地上輕輕的燃燒,

The wearied emigrants sleep, wrapt in their blankets;

疲倦了的牧民過着他們的毯子睡着了,

I walk by myself--I stand and look at the stars,

我獨自散步---我站着觀望星星。

which I think nownever realized before.

那些我以前從沒有注意過的星星。

Now I absorb immortality and peace,

現在我想着永生與和平,

I admire death and test propositions.

我羨慕死亡,我思考各種問題。

How plenteous! how spiritual! how resume!

多麼豐饒!多麼高尚!多麼簡明喲!

The same old man and soul--the same old aspirations, and the same content.

同樣的一個老人和靈魂——同樣的舊有的渴望,同樣的滿足。

I was thinking the day most splendid till I saw what the not-day exhibited,

直到我看見非白天所展示的一切,我一直以爲白天最爲光輝燦爛,

I was thinking this globe enough till there sprang out so noiseless around me myriads of otherglobes.

直到在我的周圍無聲地涌現出千萬個其他的地球,我一直以爲這個地球已經很足夠。

Now while the great thoughts of space and eternity fill me I will measure myself by them,

現在空間和永恆的偉大思想己充滿了我,我要以它們來測量我自己,

And now touch'd with the lives of other globes arrived as far along as those of the earth,

現在我接觸到別的星球的生命,這生命跟大地上的生命一樣來自遙遠的地方,

Or waiting to arrive, or pass'd on farther than those of the earth,

或是將要來到,或是已經超過了大地上的生命,

I henceforth no more ignore them than I ignore my own life,

此後我將不再漠視它們,正如我不漠視我自己的生命,

Or the lives of the earth arrived as far as mine, or waiting to arrive.

或者那些在大地上跟我一樣進展的,或將要來到的生命。

O I see now that life cannot exhibit all to me, as the day cannot,

啊,我現在看出生命不能向我展示出所有的一切,白天也不能展示出所有的一切,

I see that I am to wait for what will be exhibited by death.

我看出我得等待那將由死展示出來的東西。


看了“關於草原風景的英語美文”的人還看了:

1.關於草原的英語美文閱讀

2.描寫風景的英語美文:海上日出

3.關於風景的經典英語美文

4.關於優美風景的英語美文欣賞

5.有關於風景的英文美文

6.有關於風景的英語美文