當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文文章作品 > 新概念一生必讀的英語經典美文

新概念一生必讀的英語經典美文

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.53K 次

情景美文在思品教學中加以應用,能更有效地實現情感態度價值觀目標。下面小編整理了新概念一生必讀的英語經典美文,希望大家喜歡!

新概念一生必讀的英語經典美文
  新概念一生必讀的英語經典美文品析

孩子眼中的世界

Children's Eyes

What kind of world is it my friend that little children see?

朋友,透過孩子的眼睛他們看到的是怎樣的世界

I wonder if they see God first because they just believe?

我不知道他們最先看到的,是不是上帝因爲他們相信上帝

Do they see strength in caring eyes who watch them as they play

在玩耍的時候,他們有沒有透過那些關愛的眼裏看到力量

or maybe love through gentle hands that guide them on their way?

抑或透過輕柔的之間感受到沿途指引他們的愛

Do you think they dream of future times when they would be a king

你覺得他們會否夢想未來的時代在那裏他們是時代的主宰

or just enjoy their present life while their friends they sing?

抑或他們只是享受現在與他們的朋友暢快開懷的生活

Do they see the acts of kindness done for people who are poor?

他們明白那些爲窮人而行的義舉嗎

Is the very best in everyone what they are looking for?

每個人內裏最好的就是他們追尋的嗎

And when the day is over,as they close their eyes to sleep,

當白天結束當他們合上雙眼進入夢鄉

do they look forward to toMorrow with its promises to keep?

他們會守着承諾希冀明天嗎

If this is what the children see, then it should be no surprise,

如果這就是孩子們看見的那就沒有什麼值得驚奇的

the world would be a better place if we All had children's eyes.

如果我們都有孩子的眼睛那麼,世界將會變得更美好

  經典新概念一生必讀的英語經典美文

An Identity of One's Own

活出個性

In the eternal universe,

在茫茫宇宙間,

every human being has a one-off chance to live

每個人都有一次生存的機會,

his existence is unique and irretrievable,

都是一個獨一無二,不可重複的個體。

for the mold with which he was made, as Rousseau said,

正像盧梭說的,屬於你的那個特定的模子

was broken by god immediately afterwards.

把你造出來後,就被打碎了。

Fame,wealth and knowledge are merely worldly possessions

名聲,財產,知識只是身外之物,

that are within the reach of anybody striving for them.

人人都可求而得之。

But your experience of and feelings about life are your own

但沒有人能夠代替你感受人生。

and not to be shared

也沒有人可以分享。

No one can live your life over again after your death.

你死之後,沒有人能夠代替你再活一次。

A full awareness of this will point out to you

如果你真正意識到這一點,你就會明白

that the most important thing in your existence

活在世上,最重要的事情是

is your distinctive individuality or something special of yours.

活出你自己的特色和個性來。

What really counts is not your worldly success

你的人生是否有意義,衡量的標準不是外在的成功,

but your peculiar insight into the meaning of life

而是你對人生意義的獨特領悟

and your commitment to it,

和堅守,

which add luster to your personality.

從而使你自己閃放出個性的光華。

It is not easy to be what one really is.

真正成爲自己不是一件容易的事。

There is many a person in the world who can be identi- fied as anything

世上有許多人,你說他們什麼都行,

either his job,his status or his social role

例如一種職業,一個身份,一個角色,

that shows no trace about his individuality.

唯獨不是他自己。

It does do him justice to say that he has no identity of his own,

那麼,說他不是他自己一點兒也沒有冤枉他。

if he doesn't know his own mind

如果他不知道自己的思想

and all his things are either arranged by others or done on others' suggestions;

總是按着別人的意見生活,

if his life,always occupied by external things,

總是爲外在事務忙碌,

is completely void of an inner world.

沒有自己的內心生活。

You won't be able to find anything whatever,

你在其中已經找不到絲毫東西

from head to heart, that truly belongs to him.

真正屬於他自己了,從他的頭腦到他的心靈。

He is, indeed, no more than a shadow cast by somebody else

因爲確確實實,他只是別人的一個影子

or a machine capable of doing business.

和一臺做事的機器罷了。

  關於新概念一生必讀的英語經典美文

Words of Advice at Graduation

畢業贈言

Graduates and my fellow students,

諸位畢業同學:

You are all leaving you Alma Mater now.

你們現在要離開母校了。

I have no gift to present to you all except a piece of advice.

我沒有什麼禮物送給你們,只好送你們一句話吧。

What I would like to advice is that you"Don't give up your study."

這句話就是"不要放棄了學問"。

Most of the courses you have taken are partly for your certificate.

以前的課程也許有一大部分是爲了這張文憑,

You had no choice but to take them. From now on,you may study on your own.

不得已而選讀的。從今以後,你們可以以自己的心願去研究了。

I would advise you to work hard at some special field

建議你們做一種專門的學問,

when you are still young and vigorous.

趁着現在年富力強。

Your youth will be gone and will never come back to you again.

少年是一去不復返的,

When you are old,and when your energy is getting poorer,

等到精力衰退時,

you will not be able to do as you wish to

要做學問也來不及了。

Even though you have to study in order to make a living,

即使爲生存而學,

studies will never live up to you.

學問決不會辜負人的。

Making a living without studying,

爲生存而不求學問,

you will be shifted out in three or five years.

三五年之後,你們都會要被先進的少年淘汰掉的。

At this time when you hope to make it up,you will say it is too late.

到那時再想做點學問來補救,恐怕已晚了。

Perhaps you will say"After graduation and entering society

有人說:"畢業之後進入社會,

we will meet with an urgent problem,that is,to make a living.

我們會遇到緊急的問題也就是生存,

For this we have no time to study. Even though we hope to study,

哪還有工夫去讀書?即使想學習,

we have no library nor labs,so how can we study further?"

既沒有圖書館,也沒有實驗室,哪能深入學習?"

I would like to say that all those who wait to have a library

我要對你們說:凡是要等到有了圖書館纔讀書的人,

will not study further

他們不會讀書,

even though they have one

即使有了圖書館。

and all these who wait to have a lab will not do experiments

凡是等到有了實驗室才做研究的人,他們不會做研究

even though they have one.

即使有了實驗室。

When you have a firm resolution and determination to solve a problem,

你有了決心要解決一個問題,

you will naturally economize on food and clothing.

自然會節衣縮食。

As for time,I should say it's not a problem.

至於時間,更不成問題。

You may know that every day Darwin could do an hour work,

達爾文每天只能有一個小時的工作,

not much more than that because he was ill for all his life

由於疾病他不能多工作

You must have read his achievements.

你們看看他的成就!

Every day you spend an hour in reading 10 useful pages,

每天花1小時看10頁有用的書,

then you will read more than 3,650 pages every year.

每年可看3,650多頁書,

In 30 years you will have read 110,000 pages.

30年讀11萬頁書。

My fellow students, reading 110,000 pages will make you a scholar.

諸位,11萬頁的書可以使你成爲一個學者了。

But it will take you an hour to read three kinds of small-sized newspapers

可是,每天看3種小報

and it will take you an hour and a half to play four rounds of Mahjian pieces.

也得費你1小時的工夫;四圈麻將也得費你一個半小時的光陰。

Reading small-sized newspapers or playing Mahjian pieces,

看小報呢?打麻將呢?

or working hard to be a scholar? It's all up to you.

還是努力做一位學者?全靠你自己選擇!

Henrik Ibsen said,"It is your greatest duty to make yourself out."

易卜生說:"你的最大責任就是把你這塊材料鑄成器。"

Studying is then as tool as casting.

學問便是鑄器的工具。

Giving up studying will destroy yourself.

拋棄了學問便是毀了你自己。

I have to say goodbye to you all.

我得向諸位道別了。

Your Alma Mater will open her eyes to see what you will be in 10 bye!

你們的母校會關注10年後的你們。再會了!