當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 實用英語 > 感恩節習俗介紹

感恩節習俗介紹

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.58W 次

感恩節(Thanksgiving Day)是美國人民獨創的一個古老節日,也是美國人閤家歡聚的節日。 初時感恩節沒有固定日期,由美國各州臨時決定。直到美國獨立後的1863年,林肯總統宣佈感恩節爲全國性節日[1] 。1941年,美國國會正式將每年11月第四個星期四定爲“感恩節”。感恩節假期一般會從星期四持續到星期天

感恩節習俗介紹

這個節日有着豐富的傳統。

The festival is 1)steeped in tradition.

感恩節起源於乘“五月花”號來的清教徒。

Thanksgiving’s origin comes from the pilgrims who came on the Mayflower.

清教徒在普利茅斯巖登陸。

The 2)pilgrims landed at PlyMouth Rock.

殖民者受到印第安人的熱情款待。

The settlers 3)broke bread with the Indians.

農作物豐收是(感恩節)傳統的一部分。

The harvesting of the crop is part of the tradition.

只有北美才會慶祝感恩節。

Thanksgiving is only celebrated in North America.

盡情吃、喝、玩樂吧!

Eat, drink and be merry!

媽媽正在準備節日大餐!

Mom is preparing a feast.

把火雞端上來。

Bring on the turkey.

我們要鳴謝那些開國元勳。

We should be grateful for our founding fathers.

他們準備了豐盛的晚餐。

They prepared a hearty dinner.

你會參加感恩節的遊行嗎?

Are you attending the Thanksgiving Day Parade?

我們要吃一個星期的剩菜剩飯。

We’ll be eating 4)leftovers for a week.

你對什麼心存感激?

What are you thankful for?

我們應該時刻心存感激。

We should count our blessings.

我喜歡酸莓醬。

I love cranberry sauce.

奶奶把超好吃的餡料製作祕訣告訴了我。

Grandma gave me a great recipe for stuffing.

全家團聚的時刻到了。

It’s the time for family to unite.

我不喜歡吃蔬菜時蘸肉汁。

I don’t like 5)gravy on my vegetables. 英語閱讀-感恩節習俗