當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 15:集怪胎與朋克於一身

職場社交英語 Lesson 15:集怪胎與朋克於一身

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.33K 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 15:集怪胎與朋克於一身

SCENE① C 加州的資訊王辦公室

職場社交英語 Lesson 15:集怪胎與朋克於一身

【集怪胎與朋克於一身】

Dave: You don't know Elvin? 1) Studly programmer 2) numero uno? With the 3) ponytail and nose ring?

戴夫: 你不認識艾文?那個頭好壯壯,叫我第一名的程序設計師?綁馬尾穿鼻環的那個?

Zina: Great. A 4) geek and a 5) punk all rolled into one. Just my type.

吉娜: 好極了。集怪胎與朋克於一身。正合我意。

Dave: You think he's the one?

戴夫: 你覺得那個人就是他?

Zina: Could be. He sounds like a 6) prime suspect.

吉娜: 有可能。他聽起來很像頭號嫌疑犯。

Dave: What about your 7) assistant? She was here looking for you just now.

戴夫: 那你的助理呢?她剛剛纔來找過你。

Zina: Mary? Please, Dave. Anyway, I know it couldn't be her. She has a boyfriend.

吉娜: 瑪莉?幫幫忙,戴夫。反正我知道不可能是她。她有男朋友了。

Dave: Yeah, but I bet he's nothing like you.

戴夫: 是啊,但我敢說他跟你可不一樣。

語言詳解:

A: What's your job title?

你的職稱是什麼?

B: I'm an assistant professor of chemistry.

我是化學系的助理教授。

【be nothing like... 可不像……】

be nothing like...這個句型可以用來比較兩個人的不同:

A: Your sister is nothing like you.

你的姐姐跟你完全不像。

B: I know, she's much more independent than I am.

我知道。她比我獨立多了。

除了比較人以外,你也可以用這個句型來對事物或是地方做比較,可以是好,可以是壞:

A: This job is nothing like the one I used to have.

這個工作跟我以前的是兩個樣。

B: Hang in there. Maybe it will get better.

撐着點。或許情況會好轉的。

1) studly (a.) (俚) 健壯帥氣的

2) numero uno(意,西)即 number one “第一名,頭號人物”。

3) ponytail (n.)(髮飾)馬尾

4) geek (n.) 怪胎

5) punk (n.) 朋克,指髮型服飾怪異新潮的族羣,指源於美國70年代因搖滾樂興起的運動。

6) prime suspect 頭號嫌疑犯

7) assistant (n.) 助手