當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 17:她整個人熱力四射

職場社交英語 Lesson 17:她整個人熱力四射

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.78W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 17:她整個人熱力四射

SCENE② B 艾文與瑪莉在意式濃縮咖啡前出現

ing-bottom: 66.88%;">職場社交英語 Lesson 17:她整個人熱力四射

【她整個人熱力四射】

Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn't she?

艾文: 她整個人熱力四射,對吧?

Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.

瑪莉: 沒有事情能擋得住她。我跟她學了好多。

Elvin: What's it like to work with her?

艾文: 跟她共事是啥感覺?

Mary: She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.

瑪莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜歡那樣。我是說,我知道我們的時間很緊。

Elvin: Tell me about it.

艾文: 這還用說。

Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.

瑪莉: 我知道你們都在二十四小時趕工。那個坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人從沒離開過。

Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.

艾文: 文斯要我們把程序錯誤全部修正,準備在月底前上線。

語言詳解

A: Your mother is so demanding!

你媽媽的要求真高!

B: That's what my dad always says.

我爸爸也總是這麼說。

【around the clock 日以繼夜】

由clock 組成的成語除了around the clock 之外,另有一個against the clock“趕時間”。

A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?

佛蘭克,爲什麼你們工廠這個月要日以繼夜地趕貨?

B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.

我們最近收到相當多訂單,都要這一季出貨。

A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.

換句話說,你們現在全都在趕時間。

B: You're right.

你說對了。

1) mega-intense intense是指“緊張的、一觸即發的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相當多”的意思,亦指 “百萬的”,如 megabyte“百萬位元組”。

2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的

3) debug (v.) (電腦)除蟲,指修正電腦程序中的錯誤。