當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第725期:禮貌勸告

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第725期:禮貌勸告

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.16K 次

I suggest

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第725期:禮貌勸告

I think

I don't think you should...

You should..(否定在後面加not)

You ought to..

You'd better..(否定在後面加not)


I suggest you keep early hours from now on.

我建議你現在開始早睡早起。


A: Are you feeling better today, Steven?

史蒂芬,你今天感覺好點了嗎?


B: Much better. But I am still coughing at night.

好多了,就是晚上睡覺的時候還會咳嗽。


A: You should take advice from your doctor to quit smoking. It's bad for your health.

你應該聽取醫生的建議,把煙戒掉,它很不利於你恢復健康。


B: It doesn't matter. I'm sure I'll be all right in a few days. Just like I got sick last time, I still got better even if I smoke.

沒關係,我相信過幾天我的病就會好了。我上一次生病,即使我吸菸也不照樣好了。


A: That's because you weren't seriously ill last time. But this time, the doctor has made it clear to you not to smoke.

那是因爲你上次病的不嚴重,但這次醫生已經明確給你建議,讓你不要吸菸。


B: Easier said than done. I'm a heavy smoker and it's really hard for me to quit smoking now.

說的容易做着難。我是老菸民了,現在戒菸對我來說真的很困難。


A: Not that hard. You can make it if you make up your mind.

並沒有那麼難,只要你下定決心,就一定能成功的。


B: Actually, I tried it a long time ago, but it all ended in failure.

其實我很早以前就是過了,但都以失敗告終。


A: But this time is different. You're working for your health. You have a goal.

但這次不一樣啊,你是在爲了你的健康而努力,你有了目標。


B: But you know, I often stay up late and smoking keeps me awake.

但你知道的,我經常熬夜,吸菸能讓我保持清醒。


A: Why didn't you go to bed earlier?

你爲什麼不早點睡呢?


B: I've been busy with a project recently. And one week is the deadline. I have to finish it during this time.

最近我忙於一個項目,還有一個星期就是截止時間了,我必須在這段時間內完成。


A: You will have plenty of time after this, so you'd better go to bed and get up early by then.

忙完這段時間,你的時間就很充足了,所以你最好還是早睡早起吧。


B: You are right. I should change my habits. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

說得對,我是應該改改我的習慣了,我會試試的,謝謝你。


A: I hope you can get better soon and quit smoking successfully.

希望你能夠儘快好起來,並且成功戒菸。