當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第108期:第一份工作 First Job

美語情景對話 第108期:第一份工作 First Job

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.2W 次

美語情景對話 第108期:第一份工作 First Job

Todd: OK, Roe, why don't we talk about your first job.

羅伊,我們問什麼不談談你的第一份職業呢。

Roe: OK

好的。

Todd: Yeah, tell us about your first job.

跟我們談談你的第一份工作。

Roe: You mean my official full-time first job, talking about!

你是指談談我的第一份正式的全職工作!

Todd: Yeah, sure. How about that?

是的,沒錯。你的第一份工作怎麼樣?

Roe: OK. That was right after graduating university. I became a salesman.

好的。那時我剛從大學畢業。我成爲了一名銷售人員。

Todd: Oooh, salesman! Nice.

唔,銷售!很棒。

Roe: Yep, salesman.

是的,一名銷售。

Todd: What were you selling?

你銷售的產品是什麼?

Roe: I was selling nothing.

我什麼都不賣。

Todd: Nothing

什麼都不賣?

Roe: Nothing. Well, basically I was selling a membership. So, that's, it's not something people can see or visualize, but it's like just membership, so.

什麼都不賣。實際上,我銷售的是一種身份。它不是人們能夠看到的實體產品,而是一種會員身份。

Todd: Was it like a membership to a country club?

就像鄉村俱樂部的會員身份一樣?

Roe: Yeah, actually a private resorts and golf clubs.

是的,實際上那是一傢俬人度假村和高爾夫俱樂部。

Todd: Nice. Was this in Japan or in the US?

真棒,那是在日本還是在美國?

Roe: In Japan.

在日本。

Todd: Wow. What was the best thing about your job?

哇。這份工作最好的地方在於?

Roe: Troubles! Cause I have to knock on people's houses.

麻煩!因爲我得去挨家挨戶地去敲門。

Todd: Oh, wow, it was door to door.

哇,挨家挨戶啊。

Roe: Exactly without any appointments and membership costs 5 million yen. Starting, starting costs.

是的,沒有任何預約的敲門訪問,而且會員費要500萬日元。而這只是入會費。

Todd: 5 million yen to start and you must have been in very rich neighborhoods.

500萬日元的入會費,那你肯定要去很高檔的社區了。

Roe: No, actually we just go to any areas. We just stop off at a station and we start from there.

不,實際上我們是什麼社區都要去。隨便一站下車後就開展工作了。

Todd: Really. Were you successful?

真的嗎,那你的工作進展順利嗎?

Roe: It's a long story but to be honest with you, how many memberships do you think I sold in a year?

說來話長,但坦白講,你認爲我一年能夠介紹多少會員入會?

Todd: Wow, I don't know. I will take a guess. In one year, maybe one, two a week, so my guess is, I don't know, a hundred.

哇,我不知道。我試着猜測一下。一年內也許有……一週有1,2名,所以我猜……我不知道,一百名?

Roe: One!

一名!

Todd: One! One!

一名!

Roe: Can you believe it!

你能相信嗎!

Todd: So you must, so you remember the lucky person? Probably still remember that person.

那你肯定對你唯一的客戶印象很深刻了?也許至今還記得他。

Roe: And you know what, the person who bought my membership, is who? My father.

你知道嗎,是誰通過我的介紹入會?我的父親。

Todd: Ooh, that's a tough job.

哦,這項工作真的很艱鉅。

Roe: It was rough, really. It was really rough.

真的很艱苦,真的。很艱苦。

Todd: That's a lot of rejection, every day. No, no, no

每天都會被很多人拒絕,總是聽到人說no,no,no。

Roe: I know, I mean if you think about it, that's natural though, I mean 5 million yen. and I can't really show the place, cause I can't take the person to the place. all I can do is show the picture and speak and that was right after the bubble economy bursted, so nobody had really, nobody had money, so.

我知道,我是說如果你仔細想想,這就是很自然的事,500萬日元啊。而且我無法展示俱樂部場所,因爲我不能帶客戶過去參觀。我能做的只是展示圖片並且介紹,而且那正是在產生經濟泡沫之後,所以沒有人真的想入會,也沒有人有這個閒錢。

Todd: Wow, man so were you depressed? Were you sad?

哇,兄弟,那你沮喪嗎?難過嗎?

Roe: It was very interesting. It was hard to motivate myself. The people would call the police, and call me like a robber Yeah, yeah, cause I had to like open the gate and run to the door and stick my leg so that they won't shut the door.

很有趣。這份工作很難激勵我的鬥志。人們會報警稱我是強盜,所以我只能打開院門,小跑到房門前用腿頂住門縫,以防他們關上屋門。

Todd: Seriously.

你是認真的?

Roe: Yeah, that's how you do it. Door to door sells.

是的,是你也會這麼做。這就是挨家挨戶的銷售。

Todd: Wow, that's, that's a tough job. I don't think I could do a job, what's your job now? What do you do now?

哇,真是一項艱苦的工作。我不認爲我能勝任這份工作,你現在在做什麼?從事什麼職業?

Roe: I am, I work for Yokohama city and I am in a place called Yokohama Convention Bureau. It's a city job.

我在橫濱市橫濱會議局工作。這是一份市政工作。

Todd: OK, so the Yokohama Convention Bureau. OK, so you deal with foreigners, naturally cause it's in English.

好的,橫濱會議局。那麼你主要和外國人打交道,自然是說英語了。

Roe: And travellers and visitors and what have you.

還有旅客和遊客

Todd: Do you like your job now?

你熱愛你現在的工作嗎?

Roe: Interesting! Like I said I meet talk to about over 2,000 people a day, so it's kind of tiring though.

很有趣!如我所說的,我每天能和2000多人打交道,因此也是一份很辛苦的工作。

Todd: Wow, 2,000 people a day.

哇,一天接觸2000多人。

Roe: About 200 people an hour. My office is at the station. Yokohama station. Right out of the gate of the JR, so people are going to stop by.

大概一小時有200人。我的辦公室就在橫濱站。就在日本鐵路公司對面,所以經常有人順便去看看我。

Todd: You, that's a lot of talking. You must be tired of talking.

我們談了很多,你一定很累了吧。

Roe: I am tired.

是的,很累。

stop off 中途停留

注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。