當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第311期:Fort Fun

美語情景對話 第311期:Fort Fun

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.77K 次

Marion: So Steve what's the worst job you've ever had?

瑪麗恩:史蒂夫,你做過的最糟糕的工作是什麼?

Steve: Ah, let's see. The worst job I've ever had has to be Fort Fun in East Born.

史蒂夫:嗯,讓我想想。我做過的最糟糕的工作就是在East Born的Fort Fun的工作。

Marion: What's Fort Fun?

瑪麗恩:那是什麼?

Steve: Fort Fun is fun for children but it isn't fun for the spotty 16 year olds who have to work there, so some have the good fortune to operate go-carts and other things like that. I had the great fortune to work in the tearoom with an old lady cAlled Brenda.

史蒂夫:Fort Fun對孩子們來說是樂趣,但是對在那裏工作的有雀斑的16歲孩子來說卻不是樂趣,有些人非常幸運可以操作嬰兒學步車或類似的東西。而我曾經非常幸運的和一個叫做布蘭達的老婦人一起在茶室工作。

Marion: What was Brenda like?

瑪麗恩:布蘭達怎麼樣?

Steve: Brenda was basically a witch and she had two offspring which were also going to probably a witch training school, and they'd come around and they'd gossip and, but Brenda would always notice in mid gossip whether I'd, if I'd stirred the tea one revolution too few and then she'd be on me, as it is, so I had to serve ice-creams and scalding hot tea from a spitting tea machine that wasn't working properly from two hatches. One, one looking out onto the beach, and one actually inside Fort Fun (Alright) so inside Fort Fun was bearable, because, and also all of this time you have to bear in mind that I was wearing a cowboy hat and a little cowboy waistcoat with a sheriff's badge on it, and I had two holstered plastic guns which I was advised by the manager to like whip out and pretend to shoot like any young kid that came up there. Anyway, that wasn't so bad, having to suffer that indignity, you know lack of dignity, but when it came to serving from the hatch, from the sea front, where all the surfers would come and get their tea, and obviously that provided great amusement to them, and anyway, to cut a long story short, I lasted about three weeks before deciding fuck it, I'd rather be poor for the summer, then have people going yeah, that's him as I walked out.

史蒂夫:布蘭達就是個巫婆,她有兩個後代,可能也上了巫婆訓練學校,他們會過來閒談,但是布蘭達總是會在閒談時注意到我,看我是不是把茶攪拌得太少了,之後她就會過來,所以我不得不供應冰激凌,還要用製茶機泡熱茶,而在兩個窗口之間工作並不是很順利。一個窗口面向海灘,另一個就在Fort Fun裏面(好的),在Fort Fun裏面的窗口還能應付,在這個時候你要知道,我當時戴着牛仔帽,穿着上面有警徽的牛仔馬甲,我有兩把放在槍套裏的塑料槍,經理建議我要拔出塑料槍假裝向出現在那裏的小孩子射擊。總之,不得不忍受那種羞辱,你知道,缺少尊嚴,還不算太糟,但是在海邊的窗口服務時,所有的衝浪愛好者都會過來喝茶,顯然這對他們來說是很享受的消遣活動,不管怎樣,長話短說吧,我做了三週的時間,之後我決定離開,我寧願暑假期間過貧窮的生活,讓別人去做,對,那就是我離開之後的那個人。

Marion: That's the cowboy from Fort Fun?

瑪麗恩:那就是Fort Fun的牛仔嗎?

Steve: Yeah, that is.

史蒂夫:對,沒錯。

Marion: Brilliant. Thanks Steven.

瑪麗恩:真精彩。史蒂夫,謝謝你。

Steve: You're welcome.

史蒂夫:不客氣。

美語情景對話 第311期:Fort Fun

重點講解:
1. bear in mind
牢記;放在心上;
eg. As generation gap exists, we must bear in mind that the younger people might not like that idea.
因爲有代溝的存在,所以我們必須記住,年輕人可能不喜歡這個想法。
eg. I shall bear in mind your advice.
我將牢記你的忠告。
2. pretend to do sth.
假裝做某事;
eg. And pretend to smile, it will be more than annoying people!
而假裝的微笑,會有多讓人生厭呢!
eg. Peter choked back his laugh and pretend to be sad.
皮特強忍住他的笑意,裝出悲傷的樣子。
3. to cut a long story short
長話短說;簡而言之;
eg. To cut a long story short, I ended up as managing director.
長話短說,我最終當上了總經理。
eg. To cut a long story short. I had a wonderful time.
簡言之,我度過了一段美好時光。