當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第467期:Exchange Host 接待家庭

美語情景對話 第467期:Exchange Host 接待家庭

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.83W 次

Todd: Now Kate, you said that you actually had exchange students live with you…

託德:凱特,你說過你曾和交換學生一起住在……

Kate: I did.

凱特:是的。

Todd: …in New Zealand.

託德:……在新西蘭。

Kate: I've had 3 exchange students.

凱特:我家裏曾住過三個交換學生。

Todd: Ok, can you talk about each one?

託德:好,你能分別介紹一下他們嗎?

Kate: Yep, the first one, she was very young, she was 14 I think at the time, so it was quite difficult for her to come to another country by herself, but by the end of 2 weeks she was in tears when she left our family. She was just so happy and overjoyed. And we still keep in contact.

凱特:好的,首先第一個,這個女孩年齡非常小,當時她只有14歲,所以對她來說獨自來到一個陌生的國家非常難,兩週後交換結束時她離開我家時哭了。那是因爲她太開心了,可以說是欣喜若狂。現在我和她還有聯繫。

Todd: What was her name?

託德:她叫什麼名字?

Kate: Ariko.

凱特:她叫Ariko。

Todd: Oh, ok.

託德:好。

Kate: Ariko.

凱特:名字是Ariko。

Todd: So were all the exchange students from Japan?

託德:那這些交換學生都來自日本嗎?

Kate: They were. Three from Japan.

凱特:是的。都來自日本。

Todd: Who else did you have come to stay with you?

託德:還有哪個交換學生在你家住過?

Kate: The next one was interesting. She was from Kanto.. Kansai, near Osaka in Japan. And she actually…she was in a band, a brass band, an orchestra. She actually came to New Zealand to just play in this orchestra. She was a very lovely girl. She spoke fluent English so we had no problems in communicating.

凱特:第二個交換學生非常有意思。她來自關東……抱歉,是關西地區,在日本大阪附近。實際上她是樂隊成員,是銅管樂隊,管絃樂隊的成員。她來新西蘭就是爲了參加這個管絃樂隊。她是個非常可愛的女孩。她能說流利的英語,所以我們在交流上完全沒有問題。

Todd: How long did she stay?

託德:她住了多長時間?

Kate: She stayed for 3 weeks actually. A bit longer.

凱特:她住了三週的時間。要稍微長一些。

Todd: You said there was one more…

託德:你說過還有一名交換學生……

Kate: One more was Ayako. She was older, she was actually more my brother's age so she spent a lot of time with my brother rather than with me 'cause I was going to school every day.

凱特:對,最後一個交換學生叫綾子。她的年齡要大一些,其實她和我哥哥的年齡差不多,所以相比我來說,她和我哥哥待在一起的時間更長,因爲我每天都要去上學

Todd: Oh, I see.

託德:哦,我知道了。

Kate: But we still got on very well. And my most memorable moment was going horse riding with her.

凱特:不過我們相處得很好。我印象最深的就是和她一起去騎馬。

Todd: Oh, nice. Had she been on a horse before?

託德:真好。她以前騎過馬嗎?

Kate: No, first time.

凱特:沒有,那是第一次。

Todd: She must have been pretty scared of the horses!

託德:她一定非常害怕馬!

Kate: Yeah she was.

凱特:沒錯,她很害怕。

美語情景對話 第467期:Exchange Host 接待家庭

譯文屬僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. by oneself
獨自;單獨;
eg. You're old enough to travel on the train by yourself.
你長大了,能一個人坐火車了。
eg. Clive disappeared into a room by himself.
克萊夫獨自一人進了屋。
2. in tears
哭泣;
eg. She steeped her handkerchief in tears.
她的淚水溼透了她的手絹。
eg. He ran home in tears to his mother.
他流著淚跑回家去找媽媽。
3. keep in contact
保持聯絡;
eg. We do keep in contact.
我們確實保持着聯繫。
eg. He bought a mobile phone to keep in contact more easily.
爲了聯繫方便,他買了個手機。
4. get on
(同…)和睦相處;
eg. He is not a very easy man to get on with.
他不是一個容易相處的人。
eg. We do not get on well together.
我們相處得不融洽。
5. be scared of
驚恐的;恐懼的;害怕的;
eg. She's scared of walking home alone.
她害怕單獨走回家。
eg. I was scared of slipping on the ice.
我害怕在冰上滑倒。