當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第495期:Meditation 冥想

美語情景對話 第495期:Meditation 冥想

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.97W 次

Todd: Ah, Jeanie, you say you are really into meditation.

託德:珍妮,你說過你很喜歡冥想。

Jeanie: Yes.

珍妮:對。

Todd: So can you explain what meditation is and how you meditate and what are good way to meditate for other listeners.

託德:那你能和聽衆朋友們解釋一下什麼是冥想,如何進行冥想以及進行冥想的好方法嗎?

Jeanie: So as far as meditation is concerned, I feel that it's really finding your center, which is quiet. Think of like a cyclone. Now there's all types of activity except for in the dead center where it's really still and quiet. I feel that meditation is a way to get back to that quiet inner self and it's something you need just to keep you settled in everyday life. For me, I'm very used to either bursts of activity or just being still so when I meditate I just like to absolutley sit still. I don't worry about sitting in a lotus position or anything like that. I sit more in a comfortable position and one that's not going to distract me from what I'm trying to do. If I can, I just don't think about anything but if I've got too much on my mind then I'll concetrate onmy breathing. I'll pay attention to the rise and fall of my stomach and just count each breath one to five just over and over again and usually it can get me to my center pretty well.

珍妮:我認爲冥想就是發現自我,是一種安靜的活動。想象一下氣旋。除了正中心以外其他地方都在進行各種活動,所以正中心是平靜和安靜的。我認爲冥想是使內在迴歸平靜的方法,是你在日常生活中需要尋找的平靜。對我來說,我既可以運動也可以靜止,所以冥想時我喜歡靜坐。我不會去想蓮花坐或之類的事情。我會以舒服的姿勢靜坐,讓自己不會分心。如果可以,我會什麼都不想,但如果我腦中有太多事情,那我會專注於我的呼吸。我會注意我腹部的起伏,每次呼吸都要堅持從1數到5,這樣反覆做下去,會讓我更好的發現自我。

Todd: Um, wow, sounds good. When do you meditate and how often do you meditate?

託德:哇,聽起來不錯。你一般都什麼時候冥想,多久做一次?

Jeanie: I usually meditate in the mornings if I have time. On weekends I usually meditate in the morning. Weekdays I don't usually have time so I meditate at night on those days. I try to find a time that everything around me is very quiet. If there's too much activity going on with other people then well I get easily distracted, and so I try to find a really quiet time and a quiet place to do it.

珍妮:如果我有時間我通常在早上進行冥想。週末我通常在早上冥想。工作日我早上沒有時間,所以我會在晚上冥想。我會試圖在我周圍非常安靜的情況下進行冥想。如果周圍的人們在進行大量活動,那我很容易分心,所以我要試圖找到非常安靜的時間,在一個安靜的地方冥想。

美語情景對話 第495期:Meditation 冥想

譯文屬僅供學習交流使,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. except for
除了;除…之外;唯有;
eg. The street was deserted except for a cat lifting its paws off the frosty stones.
街上空無一人,只有一隻貓在結霜的石磚上拾爪而行。
eg. The walls were bare except for a clock.
牆上除了一隻掛鐘什麼也沒有。
2. distract sb. from sth.
分散(注意力);使分心;
eg. The film managed to distract me from these problems for a while.
這部影片分散了我的注意力,讓我暫時忘記了這些難題。
eg. It was all a ploy to distract attention from his real aims.
那純粹是障眼法,用以分散人們對他真正意圖的注意力。
3. on one's mind
擔心;惦記;掛念;
eg. I thought something was on your mind.
我想你當時有心事。
eg. The spectre of unemployment was always on his mind.
他心頭一直縈繞著可能失業的恐懼感。
4. concentrate on
全神貫注;集中(心思);
eg. He skirted the hardest issues, concentrating on areas of possible agreement.
他避開了最棘手的問題,將精力集中於有可能達成一致的領域。
eg. It's too hot to concentrate on book.
熱得不能集中心思看書。
5. pay attention to
關心;注意;
eg. I didn't pay attention to what she was saying.
我沒有注意她在說什麼。
eg. That's a problem that should be paid attention to.
這是一個值得引起注意的問題。
6. over and over again
一再;再三;反覆;
eg. We will consider the problem over and over again.
這個問題我們還需再三斟酌。
eg. She has proved herself over and over again.
她一次次證明了自己。